『 Ch. 09 』

Hmngh...

I rolled around as I slowly opened my eyes.

"Toby...?" I sat up and slowly realized I was back in the bedroom. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at the bedside table. I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

3:40 PM

I can't believe I slept that long. I ran my ruffled my hair and finally took notice of the voices coming from throughout the house. Wait... Voices?

I quickly got up and grabbed the knife I had kept on the dresser. I was on edge and wasn't taking any chances. I slowly left the bedroom and made my way to the livingroom. When I got to the doorway I saw Toby arguing with two other individuals. I stood there watching them, careful so as not to be noticed.

The louder one was tall, definitely male. At first I thought he had makeup on, but it was a mask... It had painted black lips and eyebrows. He wore a tan jacket with a flannel and black sweater underneath. He was also  sporting some worn out dirty looking jeans. The second, the smaller one was more androgynous... They had a dirty, yellow hoodie with a black ski mask. It was painted with a poorly made frowning face. Again, dirty jeans, but this time they looked newer, and darker. Based off their build, probably a guy, but I couldn't tell; their stance was also a lot calmer. They seemed almost bored... What a special duo.

"You do know Slender is going to be so fucking pissed at you for slacking. Just sitting out here doing nothing,,, jesus fuck!" Great he has a sailor mouth...

"I haven't b-been 'slacking',,, and, come on, I-I need a b-break..." Toby seemed both annoyed and nervous.

"God fucking dammit Toby. You know how bad you're punishment will be if he finds out!" He rubbed what would be the bridge of his nose and puts other hand on his hip.

If he doesn't stop swearing.

"We don't want a repeat of February." The shorter one budded in with a smug sounding voice. It was also suprisingly deep...

"Yeah, y-yeah,,, sure... C-can you leave n-now." He seemed to get more ancy as time went on. Is he trying to keep me hidden?

"Oh my god. Toby, you—" The man tilted his head a bit then froze. He saw me. "Who the fuck are you!?" My anger finally hit the boiling point.

That is it.

I swiftly moved into the doorway and threw the knife where it just barely passed his head and landed in the wall behind him. I glared daggers at him as I stepped further into the room.

"Stop. Using. Your. Foul. Language." I moved closer to Toby and crossed my arms. "And to answer you poorly worded question, I'm (y/n)." The guy stood there for a second still shell-shocked. He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Toby who in the world is this?" He gestured towards me with a slight annoyance. In return Toby let out a groan.

"Okay," He let out another sigh. "(Y/n), this is M-Masky and Hoodie, my co-workers. And, y-you two, this is (y/n)," He loosely gestured towards me as I felt the 'Masky' glare daggers at me. "She's a,,, uh... M-my current roommate." Masky stood there for a second, taking in everything before he seemed to tense up.

"You. You're out here. For. A. GIRL." He rose his voice as he threw his arms out. "You know how Boss feels about relationships! Especially with outsiders!" I immediately felt the heat rise to my face. I heard a small chuckle from who I now know is Hoodie.

He thinks we're dating??
I wish.

"W-we're not in a relationship. And I don't wanna h-hear that shit when you and H-hoods are o-obviously fucking." He glared at Masky and crossed his arms. Immediately after he spit that out Hoodie seemed to tense up and look anywhere but at us. I also decided to ignore the swears he threw in there...