『 Ch. 07 』

[Mini Chapter]

CRASH

"Agh!" I flung up from the bed and looked around. "What was that....?" I removed the blankets that covered me and I listened for any noise. Then I heard a voice coming from the living room.

I quickly went to the source of the noise and saw a violently shaking and crying, Toby. He was in a corned of the room curled up into a ball. I hurried over to him to try and see what was wrong; I bent down to his level and reached out to him.

"Toby are you alright—?" He cut me off by giving me a swift kick to the stomach. "AGH!" I began coughing and dry heaving and fell further to the ground.

I looked up at him and finally saw his face. His eyes were so wide and his pupils were extremely small, more than usual. He was just staring into nothing.

"Toby." He tried to push me away again but I grabbed his arm, it wasn't the best way to handle the situation, but I was worried...

"Toby. Look at me." He tried to use his other hand but I grabbed it too. "Toby." He finally looked up at me with a broken expression.

"Follow my breathing." I asserted what I wanted him to do and he seemed hesitant. I began taking deep breaths to which he followed my lead. My grip slowly loosened, and I finally let go as he very slowly calmed down.

"Let's go sit on the couch." I stood up and he silently took my hand and followed me. We sat down on the couch and sat in silence for a good three minutes.

I stared at his broken face in the dim moonlight that slightly crept through the thin curtains. He still had a slight shake and his tics were still very evident, but overall, he seemed to be calmer.

"Can I know what happened...?" Even my quiet tone seemed so loud in the silence. He glanced over at me before tearing up again. I didn't push any further and we sat there fot another minute or two.

"I h-had a dream... S-she... Lyra... W-we were in the c-crash again..." He began shaking more violently again. "I c-couldn't stop it..." I put my hand on his back and he flinched a bit. But let me keep it there.

"Do you want a hug?" I gave him a soft smile and he turned slightly my direction;though , he still didn't make eye contact.

I smiled and went to hug him but he quickly pulled me into a much tighter hug than I expected. It caught me off guard and I blushed a bit,,, well, more than 'a bit'. I wrapped my arms around Toby as I let him cry into my shoulder.

He then fell back onto the couch and pulled me on top of him. I blushed way harder than I should have, it's good he didn't see it...

"Uh, Toby...?" His grip tightened on me and he dug his head into my shoulder.

"S-stay here with me... P-please..." His voice cracked and I could feel him shake.

"Toby... I..." I let out a small sigh and ran my fingers in his hair. "Now I can really tell you're tired if you actually want me around." I laughed a bit and let myself rest into him.

"Go to bed, sweetheart." He let out a yawn and pulled me closer.

"Don't c-call me that..."

"Whatever. Goodnight, Toby." I smiled, and tiredness overcame me.

"... Goodnight, (y/n)..."

I wish I could make everything better...