『 Ch. 05 』

Nice out today.

I walked through town admiring different stores around. Seeing the occasional Ma & Pa diners were nice.

People were constantly looking at me. I get why, but you'd think they would see weirder in a place like this. It was a tad annoying, but I couldn't really do anything about it. I let out a sigh and made my way over to a small market. It looked like they were selling fruits. I decided to buy some apples, they weren't my favorite, but they were okay. I chose some golden delicious and waved the seller bye.

I kept walking around and stopping places. By now, the sun will be setting soon. I was becoming increasingly worried that he wasn't taking the bait... I let out a sigh as I ran my hand down my face. I thought I did everything right, I was making myself as much of a target as I could... I took another breath as I took in my surroundings.

Then I saw it.

A figure was standing in the lining of the trees across the street. My heart began to race as I got excited... The only thing I could make out was the Hatchets they held in their hands; the metal reflected the light and gave off a small shine. I took a sharp breath before dipping into an alley.

I was hoping he would think I was trying to get away from him... I heard stepping behind slowly get closer. He took it. I smiled and then slipped the apples out of my hand. I let out a small gasp and turned to grab them.

Then, I got pushed against the wall and felt a cold, metallic item get pushed up to my collarbone.

"This is fucking priceless."

Okay, don't mess this up...

I began to make myself shake a bit and began breathing faster. I kept my head down, and my arms at my side.

"What do you want from me!? I... I saw you watching me!" I let out a meek yell and he laughed a bit. I was really hoping this was actually him... If it wasn't it could easily take him.

"O-oh come on! Do you see y-yourself??" He laughed and I felt him twitch a bit. Oh that laugh, I felt myself heat up... Calm down (y/n), ya just met him and he's currently trying to murder you...

On another note... Add those two things to the list... It was seeming like him... I was trying so hard not to smile.

"H-huh...?" My shaking became a bit more intense as my heart sped up.

"Come o-on! This is pathetic to w-watch! Dressing in a-all pink to b-buy your l-little groceries." He pressed the Hatchett closer to my chest. "Look up."

I put my hands in fists and breathing more erratically. I was trying to not give myself away too quickly. I need to calm down...

"I said, look up." His voice was now much more shaky. It felt unnatural and creepy. And hot... I can't help it, okay?? Never mind that... I turned on the waterworks and began to tear up. I slowly raised my head to look at him.

When I did, our eyes met. His pupils and Irises were so tiny. They moved around sporadically and shook a bit. Even with the mask on, I could yell he was smiling; it wasn't from anything good, though... I could also see every small imperfection and detail of his face; every scar, freckles, scratch or bruise was on display. All for me.

When he saw my tears, his smile only widened.

"Oh my God, this is p-pathetic! Heh, heh heh heh heh! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!" He erupted in a manic laughter as I stared at him. His grip on me loosened and his Hatchett got a bit further. He didn't recognize me? Did he not see my face properly yesterday? No matter, I took the chance I and slipped my knife out.