『 Ch. 03.5 』

My lungs filled with a dark red smoke as I ran through the house. I coughed and wheezed, gasping for any air. I was lighted-headed from all the smoke. I felt like my legs were giving out on me.

NO NO NO NO NO...

I took a sharp right into the den and ran to the glass door, I pushed through them and fell onto the small patio we had. I quickly pushed myself onto the grass as the fire grew.

It was everywhere.

Oh my god...

I simply stared at the fire grow. It was everywhere, just feet away from me. I could feel the heat come from the flames. They looked magical as the swirled and changed color. It popped out from the grey that surrounded me.

It finally hit me; what if I get blamed for this?? Would this be the final straw for my mother to get rid of me? For her to send me away. For my mother...
My mother...

She...

I looked around. I was the only one in the garden. Fire was everywhere around me, but I could still see I was alone.

That meant...

She was still in the fire.

"I'm free." I could hear words come out of my mouth, but it didn't dare open. I took a few deep breaths before quickly pushing myself to my feet and turning around.

The fire had made a path perfectly to the forest. The monster keeping me there couldn't any longer... I was free. I was truly free.

I couldn't help but smile.

I began running and running, the grey around me slowly became green, and brown, and all the colors of the flowers bloomed. I looked up to see the sky. It was a deep blue; the stars covered it and stretched on for what looked like forever...

I'm free.

I'm—