『 Ch. 02 』

[Mini Chapter]

"Fuck..."

I let out another sigh and leaned against a tree. Watch your profanity Y/n.

Leroy is going to kill me. I got caught and now the police are everywhere, looking for me. This is great, just wonderful.

I snapped out of my pessimistic thoughts when I heard my stomach growl. I hadn't eaten in hours at this point so I was extremely hungry. The alcohol didn't help either. I should stop for some food before I get home.

I went further into the forest and used my phone flashlight to get out an extra pair of clothes. Going into a diner late at night, in clubbing atire, with only cash, covered in blood, right after the cops showed up to club near by... it isn't a good look. I quickly changed into a hoodie and some loose jeans. A lot more comfy than the other get-up.

I walked for around fifteen to twenty minutes before I got to a restaurant. It was a small Ma and Pa type diner. I put my bag in the bushes near the forest and pulled my hood up. I had wiped off my make-up already, but I still felt nervous. But, I went ahead, took a deep breath and took a step forward.

When I entered the diner my senses were immediately filled with comforting sensations. Despite it being night, I could smell coffee and waffles. It felt so warm and a light song played from the back. I smiled and went to sit down. I waited for about five minutes before a waitress came up to me.

"Hello, I'm Daisy, and I'll be serving you this evening. What can I get for you to drink, hon?" The lady smiled and gave me a menu. I looked over it, thinking about each option.

"It's awfully late for you to be out all by yourself?" I glanced at her before laughing a bit.

"I just got out of my shift." I had to be good at lying, always have a cover story. It was natural by this point. Probably not the best, but I couldn't help it.

"Ah, I bet you're worn out."

"Eh, I've stayed up later..." We both laughed a bit and I looked up at her.

"Can I get a hot chocolate?" I smiled at her and gave me a comforting smile back.

"Of course, Hon. I'll be back in just a few!" She walked away and left me to decide what I want to eat.

I looked at the menu and chose what I wanted. I pulled out my phone and texted Leroy a quick message.

Boss Woman

You: yo
Imma be home a lil late
srry
im good tho(:

...

Boss Woman: Just don't die<3

"Miss?" I looked up and saw the waitress standing there. She sat down my drink and smiled.

"So, have you decided what you want to eat yet?"

"Thank you, and yes. I would like the flat-cake meal please." I smiled and she wrote my order down on her notepad.

"Is that all?" I nodded and she walked back off to get my order.

I let out a quiet yawn and took my drink from the table. I brought it up to my mouth and blew on it slightly to cool it down. I took a drink of it and let out a sigh. It slightly burnt going down, but it tasted amazing. I smiled and took another drink.

I need to tip the waiter. She seemed nice.

"Here you are." She sat my plate down, and I thanked her. She walked away after giving me some syrup and butter.

The meal was 2 fluffy pancakes, some eggs, and a hashbrown. All of it looked amazing. I slowly ate the food, taking in the taste. It was some of the tastiest food I'd ever eaten. By the time I was done eating my meal, it was 11:48. The waitress came back to give me my check and took my plates. The total was $18.56, so I just left a twenty on the table; along with a five dollar tip.

I walked out of the diner and immediately got chills. The temperature had dropped and I wanted to get home. I sighed and went to get my bag. On my way home, my mind wandered slightly, and I started thinking of that guy...

Who was he? Why did he look so familiar...? Why didn't he scream?? I decided I wasn't going to tell Leroy about this... She really didn't need to know.

Blegh...

I need some sleep...