『Ch. 13 』

Second Person Pov

You had tossed and turned all night.

You didn't sleep out of a mix of discomfort and fear. You were stressed, to say the least. You just knew how stressful today would be, and you weren't sure if you wanted it to start or not. You also had a pounding headache. But, you knew that wasn't the worst of your problems, so you pushed it down. You finally sat up from the small mattress you were lying on. It wasn't the most comfortable, but it was what you were stuck with.

Jen, Abbi, and Lex all took the bed. Masky and Hoodie took the couch, almost too willingly. Then you decided to make Crimmson and Jeff fight over the small sofa in the den. Depsite living in the house for almost a month, you didn't know there was a den? You also locked BEN in the closet, but that's not important.

You tried to clear your mind, but nothing seemed to work. Everything hurt, and you wanted to go back to bed. But, you knew you couldn't. So, you decided to just go ahead and start the day; it was going to be a long one.

Pov Switch (your pov)

I took a deep breath and slowly got off the mattress, trying not to wake Leroy. I did a few stretches before looking over at the couch. The two guys on it were snuggled up much closer than needed. It was quite cute. I just know I'll have to bring this up later.

I smiled as I made my way out of the livingroom and into the kitchen. Once I stepped in, I immediately felt the touch of the sun on my skin; the light poured through the window, and I saw small dust particles float through the air. I took a small, but deep, breath and ran my hands down my face.

I finally got around to brewing a pot of coffee for those who wanted it. The smell alone helped me wake up a bit. I also decided to make breakfast. I hadn't gotten to make breakfast in forever as Toby insisted that he make breakfast. To 'repay' me, he said. Even though I hadn't done much and I was the one living in his home. I really liked cooking; I might not have been the best, but I was at least decent.

The breakfast for today would be eggs, bacon, and French toast. I knew it wasn't much, but if everyone wanted food, that's what they were getting. I carefully prepared everything to cook and let out a quiet hum as I did. It was like it was any other day, as if the man I loved wasn't currently trapped. It felt weird not having him by my side...

"(Y/n)? What smells so good?" Crimm walked and jumped onto the counter, peering over at what I was doing.

"Breakfast." I hummed between movements as I carefully worked on their food. "Pretty good for me, right? Want any?" I smiled and glanced up at her, and she gave a toothy grin.

"Obviously! You know I love your terrible cooking." She laughed a bit as I gently smacked her.

"Oh hush. I'm not that bad!" I chuckled alongside her as I kept focusing on the food. She just sat there, somehow, quietly watching me work on everything.

Jeff and Masky soon joined us. I wasn't entirely sure where Jeff had gotten his clothes, but I wasn't curious enough to ask. Instead, I shifted what left of my focus was there, to Masky. He quietly grabbed a mug of coffee and sat at the table.

"So," I began to steer the conversation where I wanted it. "How'd you sleep last night, Masky? Must have been nice." I grinned as Masky sat half-asleep trying to process what I said.

"Oh, I slept good,,, I guess." I could tell he wasn't a morning person, neither was I, honestly. I slowly took the things things off the stove and handed Crimm and the other two a plate each. I also got myself a plate and a cup of coffee.