Chapter Seven- Secrets

Julie's POV

I opened my eyes and it was seven thirty. I could barely sleep last night. I was tossing and turning thinking about Nick or Caleb. I headed down the stairs to see my dad making breakfast.

"Morning Papi!"

"Morning," He replied. I sat down at the table and began to eat. He sat down next to me.

"So, any big plans for the day?" He asked.

"Nothing too big, I have band practice then Flynn is coming by later to help me study for our science test."

"Nice, can you watch Carlos for me later?"

I nodded, and he smiled and walked away. I headed to the studio to see Luke and Reggie playing with Alex's drums.

"What are you guys doing?" They looked at me.

"Alex is on a date so we're trying to play the drums to start practice without him." Reggie stated

"Ahh" Alex was out with Willie. "Won't Alex kill you if you even touch his drums?"

"Well..."

"Umm..."
I laugh, "You guys don't even sound good."

"Yes we do!" Reggie picked up a drum stick, Luke did the same "Just watch." They banged on the drums as loud as they could and tried their best but they were awful.

"See?" Luke stopped.

"Yea you guys are amazing." I sat down on the couch and played with my nails. I tried to focus on are performance but I couldn't. I was worried about Nick! What had Caleb done to him? I didn't even want to think about the danger I put him in. Maybe I was a little worried. Luke stared at me, he looked concerned. He knew something was on my mind.

"I'm gonna go find Alex." Reggie said then poofed out of the studio. Leaving me alone, with Luke. Not that I complained. I went back to picking my nails trying to get my mind off Nick and Caleb.

"Wannta work on some songs?" He asked as he made his way to the couch.

Luke's POV

Julie was hiding something. She had to be. I asked her to write songs with me and she nodded and avoided eye contact. She was playing with her nails. Not a good sign. She barely helped me with the songs and looked worried. I had to ask her.

"Hey, Jules, are you ok?" She looked at me, stunned I had asked that question.

"Of course," She said as she looked back down. I was not buying that.

"No you're not. You seem worried or something."

"Luke nothings wrong, I'm fine." She was too stubborn.

"Julie! Please, I know something wrong , just tell me!" I yelled, which wasn't my best Idea. She stood up from the couch.

"I'm fine," She stormed out of the room. I wouldn't give it up though she wasn't fine.

Julie's POV

Ok so I lied to Luke but the last thing I wanted was to make him worried. It was fine. Everything was fine. I tried my best to bury my emotions down inside of me. I was scared, I was worried but I couldn't tell the guys that.

It had been a week and it was now Friday, the day of our performance. We had been practicing for it all week and we were finally ready to crush it!

Of course I had to get through school first which wasn't so bad. I hadn't seen Nick all week which was good but I was also a little worried. I tried to focus on our gig. It was going to be amazing! Flynn approached my locker walking faster than usual.

"Jules! Your shows tonight! I'll be over to help you outfit plan, also" She paused and looked around. "I saw Nick yesterday, I invited him to your show. I know you like Luke now but you can't be me-" I cut her off.

"You invited Nick?!" Nick! He was after me. She needs to uninvite him. I felt myself start to shake. I was having trouble breathing.

"Are you ok?" Flynn asked.

"No," I replied, still shaking. "You need to uninvite Nick, he can't come."

"Why?"

"Just please try your best he can't be there tonight."

"Ok I'll try but please tell me later." I nod in response and head to class.

I made it! The bell rang and I was home free! I sprinted back to the studio.

"You guys ready for tonight!" I asked them.

"Yes, we're going to rock that place tonight!" Luke cheered. Alex nodded.

"I think we should run through our set one last time then-" Reggie cut him off.

"No! We need to be there for the sound check. We'll be fine!" Reggie told him.

"Ok you're right should we get going?" Alex asked.

"Yea my dad is driving me but don't be late! Not like last time." I told them.

"That wasn't our fault!" Luke protested.

"Yea, sure just don't be late!" I headed out of the studio and then heard Reggie call out.

"We'll try!" He yelled. I signed. They better be there. 

Author's Note

Hi! Hope you guys liked this one. The next part will be up tomorrow. (I might post two if I have free time)

Thank You :)