Chapter eight - The truth

Julie's POV

It was packed! I was backstage, in the same dressing room I was in last time. I was wearing my mom's teal dress. It was short and had ruffled sleeves. My hair was down with a small clip pulling it away from my face.

(A/n Sorry I'm so bad at clothing and hair)

Flynn burst in looking down at her phone.

"Ok so I texted Nick and he said he couldn't come, so I think you're safe" She looked up. "Are the guys here?"

"Not yet but they're supposed to meet me here in ten minutes." I told her she nodded.

"Ok I'll go set up your 'hologram projector'" She used air quotes for hologram projector. I laughed. We couldn't have people asking questions, so we had a fake projector. After Flynn left the boys poofed in. I told them to dress somewhat dressy but not too, too much.

"Told you we'd be here" Reggie laughed.

"About time! We go on in 20 minutes."

"Alex, come check out the stage!" Reggie called heading to the door. Alex followed. I Looked at Luke, then began to pick at my nails. What if Nick lied to Flynn? What if he was still coming? He could make his move tonight. The guys could be in danger.

"Hey Jules, you ok?" Luke asked. I stopped and looked up at him.

"Yea, just umm, nerves." I lied.

"I've never seen you get so nervous for a performance," He was good. "Just please tell me what's wrong."

"Luke I said it was nothing-" He cut me off.

"JULIE! Stop lying!" I looked at him. I couldn't help it, I just started to cry. Luke wrapped me in his arms. I laid my head into his chest. I couldn't help it. I knew he was worried about me, I just couldn't keep quiet.

"Jules?"

I looked up to him and said, "I'm sorry." I placed my head back on his chest and continued to cry.

"Julie what's wrong," I pulled away from the hug. He grabbed my hands and gave them a squeeze. Maybe he did like me? Would some who didn't like me like that do this?

"I, I, I'm sorry." I sighed "I lied, I told you everything was fine but it's not."

"What happened?" He looked at me concerned

"On my friend date with Nick, he was acting strange. When we were walking home he asked about you guys. He knew you were ghosts."

"How?" Luke started as I continued.

"I tried to act like it was nothing but then he grabbed me, and wouldn't let go" I saw his eyes lit up as I spoke. "Then he chased me all the way till I got home, and I think it was Caleb. I'm so sorry" I felt like going back in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and spoke softly in my ear.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked but not in a mad tone more of a concerned tone.

My voice was still shaky as I spoke, "I was going to tell you after our show, I just didn't want you to be worried." Then I heard a knock at the door.

"Julie you're on in 5 minutes!"

Luke's POV

"Julie you're on in 5 minutes!"

I looked at Julie who was still half crying on my chest.

"I guess it's time." She spoke softly. I wiped her tears away from her face.

"You're gonna do great, you know that." I knew something that would hopefully make her feel better. "Julie, can I ask you something?"

"Yea"

"I umm." I pictured this a million times in my head but never like this. "Julie I umm" I love you! How hard was that to say! Will you go out with me! Why couldn't these words come to my mouth?

"Julie it's time" He knocked at the door again. It had not been five minutes!

"We better go." she said.

"Yea, just don't worry we'll deal with that later ok?" I'll tell her later.

"Yea let's go" she smiled.

She made her way to the stage and began to play. Me and the boys poofed on stage following her melody. We rocked that show! The crowd was loving us.

After our last song we took a bow and disappeared from the audience's sight. I looked out into the crowd . So many screaming, cheering fans. Until I saw someone. A face I never thought I'd be so scared to see.

It was Nick or Caleb. Staring at me. Making eye contact. I was invisible! He ran away from my sight. I thought fast. I had to get Julie out of there. I grabbed her hand. She didn't hesitate but she seemed confused. I pulled her off stage and into her dressing room.

Author's Note

Hi! Two chapters today! I had some free time so why not post two. Next part will be up tomorrow. 

Thank You :)