Chapter Twelve- Taken

Julie' POV

Flynn came over Sunday morning after my date with Luke. We talked for a while about that.

"Girl, I think you're his girlfriend." Flynn said as we sat on my bed painting each other's nails.

"I mean we only had one date." I pointed out.

"Yea, but he kissed you twice! He loves you by this point." She grinned. "Have you talked to him today?"

"No, I was waiting till band practice."

"Right, By the way I think I can get you guys a new gig, but I'll tell you that later."

"Ok, but do you really think I'm his girlfriend?" I guess I needed to know.

"Duh! He's crazy for you. If he doesn't ask by the next date then you have a problem. But don't worry. He'll ask." Flynn blurred.

"How do you know all this stuff?" I asked, laughing.

"Years of practice." She shot back.

"Years?"

"Well give or take. It feels like years."

"Ok I got to go to band practice."
"Have fun!" She teased.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to the studio and the guys were already playing. They stopped when they saw me.

"About time!" Reggie shouted.

"Sorry, I was with Flynn." I told them. Luke made his way over to me.

"I got a great hook on a new song, maybe later you could help me?" This wasn't anything new. I wrote songs with Luke before I even knew I liked him. But I wouldn't miss that chance.

"Sure, I'd love to." Suddenly my phone buzzed. I looked at it. It was a text from...

Nick?

Yes, the same Nick that was Caleb. The same Nick who chased me from our date. The same Nick I was now kinda scared of. I read It quickly.

"Hello Julie, Your most recent performance at the Orpheum was truly, haunting." Wow, so creative.

"You ok Jules?" Luke asked. I nodded and continued reading.

" I am sorry to say it was your last performance with your little ghost band." The words sent shivers down my back.

"Enjoy them when you have them, and keep your eyes open." The message ended and I stared at it.

"Julie?" I heard Alex's voice say from across the room.

"What is it?" I handed my phone to Luke who was standing next to me.

"It was from Nick." I told them all as Luke read. I took the phone from him then sent it to Alex, then Reggie. When I got my phone back another message came up.

"Time's almost up."

I took a deep breath and looked at the guys.

"What do you think that means?" I asked them.

"I'm not sure." Luke whispered as he wrapped his arms around me.

"We should try what Willie said." Alex pointed out.

"What did Willie say?" I asked.

"Something we have to do alone, we can't put you at risk."
"Ok, but what did he say?" I protested, but I still wanted to come.

"We have to stamp Caleb, like how he stamped us." Reggie told me.

"Seems simple, can I come please." I begged.

"No!" Luke shouted.

"But I want to help you guys!" I pleaded.

"We have to go soon, before anything else happens." Alex exclaimed. The four of us are stranded in a huddle.

"It's too risky, you have to stay here." Luke told me.

"I just want to help, please!" I screamed.

"No!" He yelled back. "Stay here, you'll be safe."

"But what about you guys?"

"We'll be fine, we have each other." Reggie said with a smile.

"Yea and will be back before you know it." Alex smiled at me so I smiled back trying not to show them I was still pretty worried .

"Fine, I'll stay, but please be safe."

"We will be." Luke said and stroked my hair.

"I'm gonna go so you guys please don't let anything bad happen." I wanted to cry into my pillow and be alone. I couldn't let them see me like that. If Caleb tricks them, that's it. I'll lose my band.

Forever.

I couldn't let him do that, I just couldn't. It would be worse than if they just crossed over. But it was out of my control. I had to let them try their plan, however they think they're going to complete it. I couldn't get in the way.

"Group hug?" I said. Then we all went in for a hug.

"It's going to be fine Jules I promise." Luke hugged me separately.

"I know I just don't want to lose you." I looked at Alex and Reggie then pulled them in for another hug. "Any of you."

"Just go call Flynn! She'll cheer you up." Reggie shouted and I left the studio.

I got up to my room and laid face down on my bed and cried into my pillow. I was scared, I was worried everything was happening so fast and I wasn't ready to lose them.

No, I couldn't talk like that, they'd be fine. They will be back, at the latest tomorrow. Then everything would be right. I'd be with Luke, my band would be back. Caleb would be defeated. I'd get my adopted brothers Alex and Reggie. Everything would be great. I just had to tell myself that.

I heard something in the background but passed it off as nothing and continued to cry into my pillow till I heard the voice.

"Oh how sad." I jumped up and sat on my bed with my legs crossed. Nick or Caleb stared at me with an evil grin.

"What are you doing here?" I mumbled

"Just came to check in, as friends do." He moved closer.

"Well, leave." I whispered, unable to talk any louder.

"Ha! You know I can just leave. I need something from you." He came closer.

"Well, I umm." I couldn't think of words. I just stared at him. Why can't one of the guys poof in right now.

"Oh." He looked down at his watch. " I've got a show in 20 minutes, guess we better go." Oh no, suddenly my vision went black I felt myself fall to the ground. My head felt heavy until I fully passed out onto the floor. 

Author's Note

Hi! Hope this wasn't too crazy of a chapter. The next part will be up tomorrow. 

Thank You!