Chapter Twenty Three - Even if I'm the Last Standing

Julie's POV

It wasn't worth it.

I missed them. I cried into Luke's couch. Would I ever stop crying?

"Thank you guys, for everything. I'll never forget you guys." I walked over to my piano. When my mom was gone I couldn't even touch a sheet of music, let alone play it. Now that the guys are gone, I know they would want me to play. I sat down at the keys . I found it in my heart and played stand tall.

"Don't blink

No, I don't want to miss it

One thing, and it's back to the beginning

'Cause everything is rushing in fast

Keep going on never look back"

Even though the boys weren't there with me I could feel them in the music.

And it's one, two, three, four times

That I'll try for one more night

Light a fire in my eyes

I'm going out of my mind

Whatever happens

Even if I'm the last standing

I'ma stand tall

I'ma stand tall

Whatever happens

Even when everything's down

I'ma stand tall

I'ma stand tall

I gotta keep on dreaming

'Cause I gotta catch that feeling

Whatever happens

Even if I'm the last standing

I'ma stand tall

I'ma stand tall

I turned back this was the part at the Orpheum where the guys jumped in. They weren't there now.

Right now

I'm loving every minute

Hands down

Can't let myself forget it, no

'Cause everything is rushing in fast

Keep holding on, nevеr look back

And it's one, two, three, four times

That I'll try for one morе night

Light a fire in my eyes

I stopped. I heard a noise in the distance . I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. I got up from the piano beach and walked over to the studio doors to see if it was coming from outside. I looked out of the doors, I guess it must have been the wind. Then I heard something from inside the studio causing me to whip around.

"I'm going out of my mind!" It was Luke, with his guitar, next to him was Reggie with his base, and then Alex with his drums. I couldn't believe it.

"Guys!" I cried happily. I ran over to them, into another group hug.(It seemed to be our thing.)

"I thought I lost you guys!" I shouted.

"We thought that too, it still doesn't make sense!" Luke smiled back at me.

"Not to mention you took down Caleb like it was nothing!" Alex laughed.

"Yea we wouldn't be seeing much of him any more." I couldn't help it. I just felt like smiling. They were back. Luke grabbed my hand but something felt different. Like a beating.

"You know I meant what I said before, I really do love you." He squeezed my hand, but I was still focused on this beating, till I realized.

"Luke, I think you have a heartbeat." I felt around his arm. There was definitely a pulse. Alex and Reggie walked over.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I studied his arm.

"Feel! There's a pulse." I felt his own hand. He grinned.

"You're right!" He looked at Alex and Reggie. "She's right!"

"Wait what?" Alex looked perplexed. I grabbed his arm and felt it.

"You have a pulse too!" I told Alex and he felt his own arm, I made my way to Reggie and grabbed his hand.

"You too!" He did the same as Alex and felt around his hand.

"What does that mean?" Alex asked, still feeling his arm.

"I think you guys are alive again!" I exclaimed.

"Really?" Luke's eyes widened.

"How else do you explain the pulse!"

"I guess but how do we tell?" Alex asked. I shrugged, which was when my dad walked in.

"Hey Julie It's dinner ti-" He paused and looked at me "Is this your band?"

I turned back to the guys, "I guess that's how we know."  

Author's Note

See it all works out there guys are alive but you'll find out why tomorrow. 

Also there is one more chapter and an epilogue left.

Thank You :)