[LiL] Memories hurt PT.2 (BoatDuo, mostly Joel)🥀->🦋

Platonic BoatDuo

___________________

That made Joel feel worse. Jimmy saw that and apologized straight away.

"So, what's this about?" Jimmy asked.

"It's about- about DoubleLife, it's gonna sound dumb," Joel buried his head more into his arms.

"DoubleLife? If it's about that, it's definitely not going to sound dumb," Jimmy sat down next to Joel and put a hand on his shoulder. "We all loved our soulmates, well- most of us."

Joel nodded slightly. He sighed, "I knew but I just- ugh, I feel- ugh-, I feel like I was not a good one, like- okay, Jim, do you remember when we first talked with T.I.E.S at the ocean?"

"Yeah, but they didn't say much other than just chatting. Your soulmate was- Etho, right? BoatBoys?"

Joel looked down, a few tears forming in his eyes. He put on his shades that were taken off. (I didn't mention that before Ik-) "Yeah, you didn't hear what Etho said?" Jimmy shook his head. Joel sighed and told Jimmy.

"He was joking, Joel, you know a lot of us joke about past lives."

"I know it was a joke but it still hurts!"

Jimmy didn't respond and stood up. He grabbed Joel's hand and started dragging him somewhere.

"Wha- Jimmy?! What are you-?" Joel paused when he saw the T.I.E.S base growing closer. "Why are we here Jimmy."

"You need to talk to Etho about this, like how Tango and I catch up from time to time," Jimmy came to a halt, which made Joel stumbled, and typed something on his communicator.

You (Jimmy) whispered to Tango: hey, coming over to your base joel is having a breakdown because etho they need to talk. tell skizz and impulse as well

Jimmy looked up from his communicator and continued to drag Joel. Joel grumbled while letting Jimmy drag him.

They made their way into the T.I.E.S base and we're greeted by Tango, Skizz and Impulse. Joel eyed the three of them.

"Hello!" Jimmy greeted down.

"Hey, Etho down at the farms," Skizz replied and pointed to the farms that were under ground.

Jimmy nodded and pushed Joel to go to the farms. Joel hesitated but went in anyways.

Joel went in and saw Etho sitting on some stone near a wall, looking away, arms and legs crossed. Joel sat across from Etho and stared at him awkwardly.

"So..." Etho started, still turned away.

There was silence. The silence was loud.

Etho sighed, breaking the silence, "If this was about me killing you earlier, I'm sorry but you know this is a death match-"

"It's not just about that," Joel responded and pushed his shades up so it was covering his eyes. "Just- was I a good soulmate?"

"..what?" Etho turned to Joel.

"In DoubleLife, was I a good soulmate?" Joel raised his voice. "Or was I too obnoxious, did- did I not keep you company-?" His voice cracked. "..did you mean what you said at the ocean?"

Etho stayed quiet.

Joel's lip quivered. He covered his head with his arms. "I was definitely a bad soulmate, I'm sorry I replaced you- I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm sorry- I'm-" Joel stopped as he felt a warm embrace around him. He looked up.

"You are a good soulmate, Joel, the best. We're the BoatDuo, we can't replace each other," Etho cooed. "Sorry about making those jokes..."

Joel buried his head into Etho's neck, mumbling something.

"What was that?" Etho chuckled.

Joel mumbled something else and shoved his shades into Etho's face, making Etho laugh.

"Okay, okay, how about we wash your face and after you can take a rest here alright?" Etho suggested. He heard Joel groan. "I know you're tired but, come on."

The two heard a giggle and looked up.

"You guys enjoying yourselves?" Impulse asked while he snickered.

Apparently Jimmy and the rest of T.I.E.S were spying on the BoatDuo from the roof.

"Wha- hey!" Etho shouted at them, chucking slightly.

"Can you guys just bloody let us be?!" Joel screamed, mumbled by the fact he was still at Etho's neck.

"Okay, Joel, nice shades Etho!" He heard Jimmy say then a block placement.

The room was silent.

"...How about we just rest?" Etho suggested. "We can wash your face later." He ruffled Joel's hair.

Joel laughed and backed off. He nodded, "Yeah, that would be better."

They shifted so Etho was leaning against the wall and Joel's head was on his chest.

"Sleep tight, okay?" Etho said. Joel nodded. "Also you might need to get new shades, these are mine now."

Joel perked up, "hey come on! Shared custody?"

"Alright, shared custody,"

They shared a laugh.

___________________

775 words