[LiL] Family meeting

Etho walked across a dirt bridge in the sky. His bow in hand.

It was chilly that day. The sky was clear and bright. Air breezing quicker than usual.

He sighed.

"Y'know, I regret the time we had together son. I don't know if you can hear me, but-" he paused. "I- I think if given another chance, we would of made it better, y'know?" he continued to say to, well no one in particular. "Could of been the true father and son duo."

He was alone there.

He heard a whispery laugh.

Etho had recognized it. It was one of his sons. The one without the teeth in particular.

He started to laugh as he was not expecting a response.

There was another voice, "I agree,"

Scar.

Then another, "You suck, Etho,"

Cleo.

Etho laughed more.

.

.

.

Then Etho died and joined the ghost side.

He groaned as he walked- no, floated around. Until he heard some voices, the same ones from behind.

Etho started to fly over to them.

"Dad!" One of them, BDubs, called out.

"Hello sons," Etho readjusted his mask as he greeted. "And Cleo."

"Hi Etho," Cleo sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Dad, why didn't you kill Grian?" Scar asked, frowning. "You failed the family again." He crossed his arms as he drifted slightly away.

Etho blinked as he got a death glare from Cleo.

There was silence for a while.

"Do you really think we could of made it better if we got a second try?" BDubs asked, breaking the silence and changing the subject. The boy was grinning slightly.

"I mean, yeah if we really tried," Etho chuckled awkwardly as he scratched the back of his head. "And if we're not just pulled into the family tree." Etho rolled his eyes. He turned to Cleo. "But I don't think we can be 'together' again, that ship is sailed."

"That's a thing I actually agree with for once," Cleo shrugged. "We're never doing that again."

"To the family bit or to the together bit?" Scar joined in the conversation again.

"Definitely the together bit," Cleo said. "I can't leave you guys with him. He'll be like- the uh, the guy who just sticks around."

"I feel so wanted here," Etho cleared his throat.

"Well you shouldn't feel that."

_______________________

383 words