[DL] Cold (Ranchers)🦋

Tango has always been really affectionate to Jimmy during rainy days, I mean, the two really loved each yes and would literally die for one another (maybe not literally), but during those days, Tango would immediately run up to jimmy and cuddle up with him.

Jimmy of course, being the fun and caring guy he is, would sit there with Tango in his arms as the weather got better or worse. By the time the weather was clear, the two would be sleeping so peacefully without a care in the world.

It became a routine of the blazeborn just launching himself into Jimmy's arms for warmth whenever it is raining, just because your from the Nether does not mean you can not get cold. So Jimmy would always expect Tango whenever Jimmy sees/hears rain or thunder.

Jimmy never knew the reason why Tango would do that but, the canary can't reject a man's cuddles, can he?

.

.

.

"Hey Jimmy, I'm gonna go check up on the cows, maybe give them more food," Tango said to Jimmy, walking over to the ranch door and was about to swing it open dramatically.

Jimmy chuckled and hummed in response. The blazeborn was always caring for the animals, that is one of the things Jimmy loved Tango for.

When he heard Tango's footsteps going away, the canary advised, "Be safe out there!" Jimmy turned to the door for a quick glance before turning back to the chests, he was trying to organize it (for once).

Tango always had a tendency to get sidetracked with animals, mostly to hug and feed them. So Jimmy was expecting not to see Tango for the next few hours.

That was until Jimmy heard the sound of drizzling rain hitting the glass pane window. It didn't take long from it to get heavier was basically a downpour.

Jimmy got worried, Tango didn't come running in. Did the blazeborn get so sidetracked that he was not effected by the rain? Nonetheless, Jimmy put on his puffy waterproof dark blue jacket (and zipped it up), with the hood up, before immediately ran out of the Ranch and towards where the cows are usually stored.

The canary's worrisome expression did not cease when he saw his soulmate. Tango was hugging and cuddling with the cows, drenched in rain and was shivering a whole lot. Tango's hair was looking dull, no longer poofy and fluffy instead it was flat and still. Thankfully though, all the cows and Tango were underneath and was in the gate, not in the rain.

"Tango!" Jimmy called out and sped to Tango, jumping over the fence to get to his soulmate. The blazeborn looked up upon hearing his name being called.

"Jimmy!" Tango called back and opened his arms for embraced before being tackled to the ground by Jimmy, Jimmy's hood falling off his head in the process.

Tango was immediately bombarded with worried filled questions by his dearest while he was being hugged tightly. He did not mind the questions, he was just happy to have more warmth.

The questions turned into profuse apologies when Jimmy started to cup Tango's cheeks and Jimmy claiming and apologizing that he should of checked on Tango earlier.

"Jimmy-! It's fine, I'm f-" the poor Tango sneezed, cutting his sentence off. "-cold.."

Jimmy giggled at the little sneeze. He unzipped his jacket and took out one of his arms. He then wrapped the jacket other the two of them (as best as he could) so that Tango could put his arm in the hole. Their other arms wrapped around each other.

"Better?" Jimmy asked with a smile as Tango started to nuzzle his head into Jimmy's neck.

Tango exclaimed, "Definitely better! Thank you, my rancher!" in response, giggling with excitement. "I love your hugs... so warm!" the blazeborn's smile reached until his eyes.

Jimmy laughed and gave Tango a peck on the cheek which Tango immediately returned back. The two sat comfortably with the cows, not worrying about anything else in the world.

They held each other close as they watched the rain pour, wondering when will it end. It did not matter to them if it ended or not though, or maybe they wished it lasted longer so they could keep cuddling.

For now it was only them... and the cows.

____________________________

721 words

(I planned on making art for this oneshot actually but it's taking longer than expect so just gonna post it first and update it later with the art ^^)