[DL] Fishing trip (Ranchers)🦋

Tango's hair will have sparks fire when he's angry, surprised or scared

It will be ablaze when he's really feeling those strong emotions

____________________

Tango was farming peacefully outside the Ranch.

"Tango! I found a nice fishing area and I-!" Jimmy shouted, but paused when he heard Tango yelp and fall to the soiled ground. Canary started laughing.

"Jimmy! You scared me!" Tango's hair sparked with fire. He stood up and cleaned the dirt off his jeans. He crossed his arms when he saw that Jimmy was still laughing.

"Hah- sorry, sorry," Jimmy chuckled. "I found a fishing area, and I was wondering if you would like to go fishing with me?" He bounced off his heels, waiting for an answer.

"Oh, sure!" Tango smiled. "Like a date?" He joked.

"Well, I uh-" Jimmy turned red. "I- I guess?"

Tango chuckled, "Before we go, I'll go make a fishing rod-"

"I made one for you already!" Jimmy held out a fishing rod with something engraved on the side of the wooden part.

"Oh, alright!" Tango took the fishing rod. He read the engraving, "My... Rancher, heart?"
(my Rancher <3)

"Y-yeah, just thought it would be nice to name it," Jimmy scratched the back of his head, turning more red.

"Alright, alright," Tango walked up to Jimmy and wraps an arm around Jimmy's neck. "Lead the way!"

Jimmy picks up Tango bridal style, earning a gasp from Tango. Jimmy giggled as he started running, feeling tango grip his shoulders tightly.

"Don't drop me!" Tango shouted.

"I won't, I won't" Jimmy giggled again.

Jimmy ran until they reach a pond, surrounded with sand, with little sugarcane around it. Two wooden chairs, with a chest in the middle of them, were set on the sand.

"Oh wow, Jimmy, this is a nice fishing spot," Tango admired the scenery, still being carried by Jimmy.

"I hoped you would of liked it," Jimmy smiled. He put down Tango.

Tango, who was still mesmerized by the surroundings, sat down on one of the wooden chairs. Jimmy sat on the other chair.

Jimmy casted out his fishing rod. Tango did the same.

"Is your fishing rod named too?" Tango asked, turning his head to the canary.

"Uhm, yeah," Jimmy mumbled.

"What is-"

"It's 'Your Rancher' "

"With a heart at the end?"

Jimmy shook his head.

"Come on! Why didn't you put a heart?" Tango added, "No, you know what? I'm gonna rename your fishing rod later."

"Wait why? To what?"

The blaze-born giggled, "you'll see." He casted out his fishing rod as well.

"How have you gotten like- five fish alright in the span of a few minutes? I've gotten nothing!" Tango complained, watching his fishing bobber not move.

Jimmy shrugged, "I- uh, don't know, our fishing rods are the same." He pulled up another cod.

Tango sighed. He perked up, feeling his fishing rod move. "Oh! Oh! I think I got one!" He pulled up the fishing rod. A piece of rotten flesh slapped him in the face. He groaned, "Of course..."

"Sorry, Tango, I thought this would of been a nice date-.."

"So you do think it's a date!" Tango's face light up.

"Well, I- uh, of- of course!" Jimmy stutter as he gave a small smile.

"This dates better now," Tango sat back in his chair and closed his eyes, relaxed.

Jimmy chuckled, "am happy you're enjoying it now."

(This part is just Tango renaming Jimmy's fishing rod cause I just wanted to add it in)

They got back to the Ranch.

Tango took (stole) Jimmy fishing rod from his hands and hopped to an anvil (idk if they have an anvil).

"What are you renaming it to?" Jimmy asked, trying to peek around Tango's shoulder. But Tango covered his eyes and renamed it with one hand.

"Just wait a second!" Tango replied while chuckling. He turned around and showed Jimmy the fishing rod. "Here you go!"

"My- pr-pretty songbird?" Jimmy turned away, face red.

"With hearts!" Tango smiled. "Do you not like the name?" He titled his head to the side.

"N-no! I like it-!" Jimmy replied, head still turned away.

"Aw, your blushing!" Tango teased as he snickered.

"No! I'm not!" The canary covered his face. That made Tango laugh more.

"It's okay, songbird, be flustered as much as you want,"

____________________

722 words