Prologue

It had been a week since the incident in the prison. Everyone had their own feelings towards Tommy's death. Some mourned, some celebrated, and others were still processing. Everything seemed fine until then. The warden was still doing security checks and hadn't visited the prisoner in order to punish him. Though unknowingly to him, that prisoner had his own plans. With the memory almost as good as a dolphin, Dream took out one of his spare books and started writing. What he was inking was the different spells of the infamous revive book. Each spell had different methods of bringing some back from whatever place was in the afterlife. Though, the prisoner only knew spells yet not how they would affect the dead once they were brought back. He hadn't ever tested beforehand but this was his only chance.

The brunet man stood up and walked over where the unnerving corpse of the blonde teen sat, slouched against the wall. He flipped through his scribbled notes before landing on a random page. He titled it "Bring A New", since it was something he remembered. He began to mumble some uncommon language, as he placed a hand atop of the boy's head. At first nothing happened, so he repeated himself. Which caused something to happen. Green light seemed to appear in Dream's hand, that started seeping through Tommy's visible wounds. A crooked smile grew on the brunet's face as he kept repeating the spell. Soon, the dark obsidian room was filled with green lights, with the sound of distant bells ringing in Dream's ears. The light began to become so overwhelming , that he had to squint and look away. It was so heavenly that it was unbearable.

Then it seemed like everything came to an immediate halt. The bells faded, along with the light. Dream rubbed his eyes, as if he was seeing invisible stars. The ringing in his ears waned away, leaving only the silence and bubbling of the lava. The brunet man looked around, seeing little change to his surroundings. He glanced at where Tommy once was. He was gone, only leaving his attire in a pile. Dream stood there confused, until he saw movement amongst the clothes. He leaped back, spooked and even more confused. He stared at the moving clothes, as a tiny head popped out.

It was a child.

A baby.

A blonde baby.

With highlighted demon features.

With bright blue eyes that are strikingly familiar.

That could be?

Could it?

"Tommy?" asked Dream, looking the small child up & down.

There was no actual response, beside unknowledgeable babbling. The man was too stunned to speak. He had done something wrong. Something completely and utterly wrong. He thought the spell would just bring the normal back to life, probably with minor inconvenience. But this was more than a minor inconvenience, yet a major one. Dream snatched up the book and began flipping through it wildly. There had to be a note about this he wrote about, or a memory of a note he forgot. How in primes did he reincarnate his rival & "friend"?

As he panicked, he could hear shuffling from the side of the room. Tommy was rolling around in the pile of dingy clothes, with a sock in his mouth. It was very unhygienic yet not out of character for the blonde. Dream thought for a moment, could anything be considered in character for him since he was a literal baby. That didn't matter though, the brunet didn't know how to take care of children, especially babies. The closest thing to it was having a pet cat, but this wasn't a cat. Tommy was now a human baby, well more of a demon baby since the small red tinted horns stuck out in the middle of his head.

Was it harder taking care of demon babies?

Was that even a sensible question, of course!

Dream let his thoughts wander as he flipped through the book. He kept looking up at the blonde, making sure nothing else weird happened to him. Tommy just stared back at Dream, sock in mouth and glowing eyes.

Weird that demon babies have glowing eyes.

Was it like having a cat?

A hairless cat?

He should stop comparing Tommy with a cat

The brunet closed the book and placed it on the desk. He covered his face with his hands, trying to collect his thoughts.

He failed to revive Tommy.

He reincarnated Tommy.

Tommy was a baby now.

Was Tommy his baby?

Hell no, he wasn't ready to be a parent.

What was he gonna do then?

Sam wasn't gonna be coming back any time soon.

How would Sam feel?

What would Sam do?

He was Quackity's dad, right?

This thought made Dream shiver. He hadn't been too close with Quackity but from how Sam is as a warden & how close he came to executing Technoblade during the L'manburg days, he was a force to be reckoned with.

While Dream's thoughts continued to ramble, he noticed Tommy had moved from the pile of clothes, minus the shirt that hung off his head, towards the wall of lava. As if some instinct was sparked in him, the brunet man lunged and snatched up the blonde. He held the boy, just to get a good look at him. The once iconic red & white tie was massive on his small body and dry blood seemed to rub off onto his round face. He started making more babbling noise as he reached out for Dream's scarred face. The brunet man sighed and pulled the baby to his chest, wrapping the shirt around him.

"What the hell am I gonna do?" said Dream, to no one in particular.

The only response he got was from Tommy, who started gnawing on his orange sleeve & making high pitched squeaks. The brunet gave a defeated laugh before ruffling the blonde's hair.

"You are gonna be a pain in the ass, until Sam gets back" muttered Dream, as he leaded to lay on his back.

Tommy made a babbling noise as he blew a small bubble.