Chapter 7

It was about 12pm when Sam heard both his alarm & communicator go off. He had nodded off at his desk after doing a few rounds of the prison with Tommy. He turned off the alarm and picked up his communicator. It was Puffy calling. He pressed the accept button and placed it on the speaker.

"Hey Puffy" yawned Sam, as he turned in his chair.

"Hi Sam, I finished up the repairs at the hotel so I'm gonna be on break before heading to the farms. How's the patrol coming along?" replied Puffy, with the sound of distant chatter in the back.

"It's fine, I walked around the place for a bit with a very few issues found. I jogged through the halls with Tommy before coming back to my desk and just chilling" informed Sam, as he glanced down to the blonde kid sleeping in his lap.

"Sounds nice, do you want me to meet you at the prison or are you coming to the hotel?" asked Puffy.

"I'll come by the hotel, it's my lunch break anyway" sighed Sam, as he stretched his arms.

"Alright then, I'll be outside waiting for you" stated Puffy.

"See ya in a bit" said Sam, before hanging up.

The creeper hybrid stood up and did a big stretch. He yawned as he took his helmet off. He unhooked the heavy netherite armor and set it under the desk before switching it out with his lighter golden armor. He put his crown on his head and fixed his gloves. He leaned down to where he laid Tommy. He wrapped the boy into his blanket and cleaned up the floor mat. He put the baby things in the bag and hung it over his shoulder. He cradled the blonde with his arm and picked up the prison switch. He walked towards the portal and activated. He walked through with no issues and reached exit. Once on the other side, Sam covered Tommy once again to hide him and headed towards the path. More people seemed out and about since it was mid-day and it made traveling just a bit more stressful since Sam didn't know how the small boy would take to loud noises or public areas. As he reached the Innit Hotel, he stepped over the gate and headed through the doors. The lobby seemed mostly empty, besides workers moving around luggage and supplies. At the front desk, Sam spotted Nook standing behind it. The robot seemed to be in sleep mode and was a placeholder for the empty spot. Jack had claimed that the robot was "doing his job" but the creeper hybrid knew he was lying. Sam sighed and rang the bell at the counter a few times. Swearing could be heard from the backroom before footsteps could be heard. Niki was the first to pop up, her pink hair tied up into a bun.

"Oh Sam, you're here" she said, surprised.

"The prison isn't too far from the hotel" informed Sam, lifting a brow.

"True I guess" she nodded, looking over her shoulder.

"Puffy called me so I could have lunch with her" added Sam, fixing his hold on Tommy in his arms.

"What do you have there?" asked Niki, pointing to the blanket cluster in his arms & duffle bag.

"It's nothing, just a bunch of-" started Sam, thinking of an excuse.

Fortanely, Puffy & Jack walked to interrupt the awkward conversation. The cyborg carried a pot of what Sam assumed was food while Puffy was wiping dirt and dust off her hands.

"You are here, Sam. Ready to go?" stated Puffy, giving a little wave.

"Thanks for the pot, Jack" she said, as he sat the pot on the counter.

"No problem, I'll pay you properly next time you are over here" replied Jack, as he fixed his glasses.

Puffy nodded and reached over to pick up the pot until Jack stopped her.

"Wait, Sam you carry it since Puffy has worked all day" stated Jack, pointing towards the creeper hybrid.

Sam was surprised and looked down at Puffy.