Chapter 15 | One Scout from the Unkindness |

The creeper man, sheep woman, and demi-god bid their farewells as they left the small residence belonging to a goat boy and his enderman companion. The trio of adults banter amongst themselves, unaware of dark eyes watching them from afar. A raven perched atop of a tree, just observing. Though the raven had no interest in the demi-god or creeper, they focus on the sheep woman and the imp child in her arms. The woman was kind but stern and the flock had deemed her "mortal maternal" since she was the one to take one of their masters under her metaphorical wings. Even if she hadn't, there never seemed to be ill-intent behind her words. Though that doesn't mean they aren't wary of her handling the imp child. Their masters had always had an eye on the yellow haired child. One master watched as it was her mortal child and the other yearned for strange brotherhood. Though since the imp child changed and was taken away from their masters, one of them has started using the council since they were in captivity. A raven was chosen to be possessed by one of the masters and became his eyes. He would give them a target and the dark feathered fowl would follow the command. Which is why the single raven followed the small group around the snowy town.

The trio seemed to be heading back to their roosting quarters but stopped by a nearby shelter. The demi-god entered it, leaving the sheep woman and creeper man outside with the child. The raven flew land atop a nearby lamppost, listening in on the conversation.

"I'm not saying that babysitting Tommy would be a bad idea, it's just they seem to have a lot on their hands. The two are also raising a kid and I don't want to stress them out" huffed the creeper man, crossing his arms.

"I know Sam, but they want to spend time with him. They literally just found out about everything they need a chance to get used to him" stated the sheep woman, placing her hand on her hip

"I also need to check on my restaurant & I have therapy appointments stacking up and Foolish requested you, directly, to help him & Ponk with some fruit picking ' she added.

"But the boys, Puffy-" started the creeper, but the sheep woman cut him off.

"The boys will be fine Sam, you are settling back into fatherhood. We just got you out of being a prisoner to your own prison and now we have to get you back to being a person" she claimed.

The creeper man stood silently looking at the sheep woman before taking a breath.

"Fine, I'll try" hummed the creeper man.

"Besides, the three of you have been acting weird around one another. Positively connecting with friends is how you keep good friendships, which will make them more stable and trusting" nodded the sheep woman.

The creeper man chuckled to himself and started shifting the conversation. The demi-god exited from the shelter, with small boxes in his hand. He muttered something to his companions, handing one of the boxes to the creeper, before seemingly dismissing himself. The woman and companion waved the demi-god as farewell before continuing up the snowy stone path. The raven watched the demi-god walk down the path before following the now duo towards their home. The scenery above the town wasn't much a bird could appreciate on its own but their master seemed to enjoy the view from above. The street lamps burned brightly yet dimply in the growing darkness of the streets, folks making their way heading to their homes and nocturnal creatures coming out of hiding.

Soon, the resting quarters of the council came into view. The raven tipped its wings and dipped downwards towards the duo. It landed atop of the sheep woman's head, using her curled horns to balance itself. The creeper hybrid flinched back as it settled itself. The woman chuckled at him before reaching up to pat the raven's head.

"I still don't understand how you are so okay with those things being around you" breathed the creeper hybrid.

"They aren't too bad, yeah they can be a pain in the ass but like they are good company when Im out and about" shrugged the sheep woman.

"Whatever you say, I'm just not a big bird fan" sighs the creeper hybrid.

"Isn't your son a bird?" questioned the sheep woman.

"I said big bird fan, I didn't say anything about not being a little bird fan" smirked the creeper hybrid.

The sheep woman gasped before bursting into laughter. The creeper hybrid did the same as they started leaning on each other for support.

"You didn't have to do Quackity like that" wheezed the sheep woman.

"I saw the chance and took it" nodded the creeper hybrid.

"Don't tell him though, he will be pissed the hell off" he added.

"Sure, sure" smiled the sheep woman, with a tone laced with mischief.

The sheep woman breathed a sigh as she started opening the door. She swatted at the raven a little, a gesture of dismissal. The feather creature squeaked once before taking off upwards, supposedly joining the council above. As the two adults disappeared into the house, the raven settled itself atop of the building with its kin as its consciousness returned to the hive-mind. Their master has had enough viewing for the night, so he's decided to leave people and ravens alone for now.