Chapter 8

Puffy's office was small but pretty spacious. Sam had moved the furniture against the wall so he could make room for a blanket that Puffy nicknamed "picnic wrap" on the floor. These blankets were normally for when clients didn't want to sit in chairs but Puffy was using an old one just for the day. The duo haired woman was currently putting food into bowls in the half kitchen. The pot that Jack had given was filled with spaghetti soup, which was a custom order from Puffy since the cyborg fella had leftover noodles from dinner that needed to be discarded. It was a nice gesture, though Jack still pisses off Sam. He felt the way he acted out was unnecessary but Puffy already mentioned how he was already dealing with his own issues and probably grieving in his own way. Sam doesn't get how understanding Puffy can be but he's still learning for his own sake since things are changing.

After a few moments, as Sam finished moving things around, Puffy entered the main room with two bowls and a warm bottle. She placed them down on the small table so she could sit on the floor with Sam and Tommy. The blonde boy was more active and loud but not in a crying way. He hadn't gotten the hang of crawling but he did sure roll around, like a rollie pollie. Sam watched as he rolled towards Puffy and rested his head on her knee. The duo haired woman started aweing, forgetting the food momentarily.

"I still can't get over how small he is" she cooed, gently squishing Tommy's small face.

"He literally used to tower over me" she added, giving Sam a wide eyed look.

"A Lot of people towered over you, Puffy" commented Sam.

Puffy fake gasped with a dramatic stare. Sam tried stifling his laughter but couldn't help at the reaction. Puffy reached over and lightly punched him.

"Screw you, muffin head" she exclaimed.

"I'm not lying though" stated Sam.

"No but you didn't have to say it" huffed Puffy, before scooping Tommy into her arms.

"I'll be taking my boy and leaving" she remarked, slightly turning away.

"Your boy, he's our boy" said Sam, giving his own fake gasp.

"Sam! Are you a communist?" asked Puffy, as she slowly broke down into laughter.

"Ack, no! " stuttered the creeper man, flustered at the random accusation.

"Tommy, can you believe this?" asked Puffy, holding up the blonde to face her.

Tommy just responded with some babbling noise and patted Puffy's nose.

"Tommy is equally astonished, Sam" reported Puffy, nodding.

Sam sighs into a laugh as he facepalmed to hide it. Puffy bursted into more giggles as she set the blonde boy back on the blanketed floor. He immediately started rolling around again like before. The two adults sat and watched for a bit, as they tried to calm themselves. It was quite difficult though since they had a very active small being bowling about in front of them. Puffy moved to pick up a bowl and pass it to Sam. He nodded in thanks and started eating. It wasn't half bad and he kinda liked it. As he ate, Tommy seemed to be attracted to the scent of food and rolled towards him. He couldn't climb into his lap like he did with Puffy but he could loosely grip onto Sam's leg. The boy then just laid there and looked up at Sam like a dog begging for food. It was adorable and the creeper hybrid was tempted but had to resist since the bowl still had heat to it. But Tommy still looked at him, with a look that had no thoughts behind them. Sam glanced up to Puffy, who had a camera in hand from who knows where. She had an adoring look on her face while covering a laugh. Sam sighed, placed his bowl down, & set Tommy into his lap.

"Alright Tommy, what do you want?" aked Sam, holding up the kid to his eye level.

Once again, the blonde boy babbled before going completely silent. They both stared at each other for a moment.