Chapter 2

The night took an unexpected turn for Sam.

He had forced himself to check up on Dream tonight, since that was his job as a warden. But he felt mentally tired after losing Tommy the past week and was trying to get over it. So when Dream asked him to come get what he thought was Tommy's corpse, he felt has if Dream belittling or torturing him to come get what he consider his son's body. What he found was what looked like a very tired sheep man with a familiar blonde demon baby in his arms. After the little argument, he took Tommy and this is where he found himself. Standing outside the prison, just an hour after the sunset, with a slowly waking up baby in his arms. Not how he thought the day would end but it was a little better. He knew Tommy was alive, which he was still processing, but from what he could tell the kid was malnourished since he guessed & hoped that Dream was sharing his rations with the boy but it wasn't gonna work out.

It had been a few years since Sam had raised a kid, since his first son was now an adult starting in some distant nation, so he was pretty rusty in that factor. So he decided to do what first came to mind, get Tommy a better cover. The shirt he was wrapped in was stained in obsidian dust & blood which was bothering Sam. He started walking up the prime path to Tommy's dirt hut. It was much closer than his own house and he needed a quiet place to collect his thoughts and figure out his next steps. As the hut came into view, Sam noticed different flowers planted all around the front yard. Even in the dark, they seemed to bring color to the path that felt somewhat lost after Tommy's death, at least to Sam.

The creeper hybrid tiptoed across the decorated ground as he made his way towards the door. Once there, he slowly pushed it open and reached over for the light switch. A dim light flickered before stabilizing itself. Sam promised to fix up this place for Tommy a week ago but things got in the way. But for now, he just needed to find a clean blanket and wrap up the kid. He placed the now awake tiny Tommy on the nearby table. He seemed to just be looking around while making babbling noises.

"Stay right here okay, don't move" said Sam, making sure the blonde didn't fall over.

He tilted his head before sticking his small forked tongue. It was actually pretty cute, but Sam needed to focus. He whipped his head around and started searching through the chest. Just opening them caused Sam to cringe at the mess. He understood the boy used to always be in a rush but it looked like the junk was tossed around in some storm. As the creep hybrid searched, tiny Tommy wasn't staying still. He was attempting to explore this new place he was in. He picked a small tool from the side table. The blonde child placed the handle in his mouth. It was pretty hard and it was gross so he pushed it away. He reached for another tool but was much bigger. Since he couldn't pick it up, he started leaning over, very unaware of the edge the tool was hanging off of. Sam looked up from his searching to see the sight and panicked immediately. He rushed over and picked the kid as the tool fell onto the floor. It was an iron pickaxe, so it made a pretty loud noise in the small space.

"Holy shit, that was close" swore Sam, as he looked down at the Tommy who innocently looked up.

"You may be small but you are cause quite a mess" stated Sam, as he a placed the boy on the floor next to the chest.

"But that was one for putting you somewhere high," he sighed, before opening the chest once more.

This Tommy didn't move but began gnawing at the tie shirt he was wrapped in, which wasn't good either. Still it was better than him falling off a crafting table. After a while, Sam gave up on looking in the chest and moved to the back of Tommy's hut. There he found exactly what he was looking for. Though it was pretty big for the boy's current size, the blanket of his bed would have to do. The creeper hybrid crabbed and folded it up to where it would fit tiny Tommy. Sam moved back into the main room where he found the tiny boy laying on the floor, sleeve still in his mouth. The man sighed and sat down on the floor beside the kid.

"You won't be needing this anytime soon" declared Sam, as he lifted Tommy out of the shirt and pushed it away.

He immediately wrapped the blanket around the boy, since he was demon & baby and he remembered Bad saying something about both not being able to regulate their own body temperatures just yet when they are young. Sam wrapped the blanket tightly around Tommy, just to keep some heat on him. Once he was fully tucked, the creeper hybrid took a look at his handy work. The blonde was a tiny little red wrapped burrito.

"How ya feel, Toms?" asked Sam.

Tommy made a babble noise and Sam some the littlest of movement of his ears. The creeper hybrid felt his heart combusted. He brought the small blonde close to his face and pulled down his mask. He blew soft kisses on the kid's face, getting happy squeaks from him. Sam felt really soft at the moment, very different from earlier. He hadn't thought of raising another kid in a long time since he was a professional builder and now prison warden. But maybe, playing father again wouldn't be too bad. But parenting as a single father had been tough and since he has two careers now, he needed someone to help him re-raising Tommy.

And Sam knew just the person, but he hoped she wouldn't take things too bad.