Chapter 20

A few weeks had gone by and things seemed to have gone back to some sort of normalcy as summer began to arrive, though there were changes. Sam was finally able to get a hold of Nook after some "negotiations' ' and got to work on the upgrades he wanted to give his robotic clone. Especially since Tubbo decided to put some use to the Bee n' Boo hotel. Jack had been stubborn about moving Bad and Antfrost out of the Manifold Hotel, so there wasn't going to be any more convincing. Instead, the Bee n' Boo hotel became somewhat of a watch tower so Puffy & Sam could keep an eye on the former leaders of the Eggpire. From what they have seen so far, the group seemed to have temporarily disbanded after the banquet since they hadn't seen Hannah, Skeppy, Punz, or Ponk anywhere. Which was concerning since Sam was growing worried for his tri-colored mask companion since their last encounter hadn't been the greatest.

A sigh escaped the creeper man as he walked up the path towards the Bee n' Boo hotel. It had a very cozy atmosphere and he started coming to it whenever he went on break. Sam felt he could breathe easy and it felt like his stress faded whenever he stepped through the doors. The faint smell of pine and honey filled his nose as he opened the front doors. Soft music seemed to be playing from somewhere in the lobby yet it was pretty empty. There wasn't anyone at the front desk which wasn't too surprising. Tubbo was probably off working on his projects and Ranboo was off mining. Though he saw a note resting atop the desk bell. Sam picked up and read it:

"Going to gather items to restock the kitchen, will be back soon. Nook is around so don't do anything stupid"

~ Puffy

Sam hummed to himself as he placed the note back down. At least he knew someone was here even though it was very quiet. Yet Sam knew exactly where to look for the robot. He began to take his armor & jacket off and placed them into a vacant chest nearby. He then made his way behind the front desk to where a room was. In the room were a bunch filing cabinets for when guest information would be stored along with room keys. Yet those didn't matter since the creeper man mabe a b-line for a small staircase at the back. Making his way up it, that was when he started hearing sounds. The sound of laughter of a baby echoed from further up the stairs. As he reached the top, Sam followed the laughter until he reached an open loft area. Sitting in the middle of the floor was Michael, Tommy, & Nook. The robot seemed to be playing peek-a-boo with the small blonde and getting him all riled up while Michael was just copying what Nook was doing. The trio just seemed to be having a nice time together. Though it did stop when the piglin boy spotted him.

"Unc'e SamSam!" exclaimed Michael, as he shot up to his feet.

"Hi, Michael!" waved Sam, as he moved further into the room.

"Good Afternoon, Nook" he saluted.

"Good Afternoon, Creator Awesamdude" greeted Sam Nook, returning the salute.

"And hello Tommy" cooed Sam, as he crouched down to the child.

The tiny blonde babbled in response as he reached out for the creeper man. He lifted the infant up to gently rub his nose against his cheek. Tommy giggled in response as he patted his hands against the side of his face.

"What have you all been up to?" asked Sam.

"Captain Puffy was entertaining the children before leaving to go collect resources for the Bee and Boo Hotel," reported Nook."I've been placed in charge of them until her return"

"Thank you, Nook" nodded Sam "I'm just here on my break to spend time with kids".

"You can take one too while I grab my coffee and food" he added, as he began walking away.

"Yes Creator Awesamdude" replied Nook, as the robot's blue pixel eyes switch to white.

The robot clone moved over to a pressure plate just nearby. Its pixelated eyes fizzled away as a beep occurred. The eyes were replaced with an image of a pixel battery with half juice.

"Should give him some time to recharge while I'm around" muttered Sam, before he felt something cling to his leg.

He looked down to see it was Michael with Tommy in his arms.

"Food?" uttered Michael, curiously.

"Yeah, I can make you guys food too" claimed Sam.

The young piglin cheered as he lifted Tommy towards him. Sam accepted the small blonde into his arms and allowed the young piglin to cling to his leg. He dragged himself over to the small kitchen space in the loft before reaching to look for some items. He grabbed a pot, pan, a bag of grinded coffee beans, some sliced bread, cheese, and a small jar of smushed carrots. The creeper hybrid placed all the items in a line on the counter top. He started with making a sandwich for Michael since it was the easiest thing. Ranboo told him about how the kid had 'interesting' food choices but an easy one was grilled cheese, which was Sam's specialty. He had many loads of grilled cheeses for when his sons were younger and even during the early days of the Smp when the boys would come back from fooling around. He also brought them to Tommy & Tubbo before they joined L'manburg, a few times during their time in Pogtopia, and dropped a few off during exile. After that though, he didn't really make them for anyone besides himself. So it was quite nostalgic for Sam to have two children clinged onto him as he made food.

He placed the now sizzling sandwich onto a plate and handed it down to Michael. The small piglin thanked him before walking over to the table. It didn't take the creeper man long to pour the smushed carrots into a small bowl. He carried it over to the table and set it on the highchair tray before placing Tommy into it. Making sure that both of the children were happily eating, Sam returned to the stove to grab his coffee and his own sandwich. He poured the coffee into a mug and placed his sandwich on a plate. Moving back towards, he settled himself next to the high chair. Michael was setted on the opposite side and seemed to already have been on his second sandwich. Sam just chuckled quietly as he began to indulge himself in his food. He truly did miss being able to be domestic with those who he cared deeply about. Not only was he playing parent again but an uncle, which was quite a new role for him. Though that didn't mean he wasn't going to appreciate looking after both of the young boys.