Chapter 18

The news of what happened at the Red Banquet seemed to spread like wildfire in only a week. Soon everyone was informed of how much a threat the Eggpire was and knew to stay away from anyone associated with it. Niki & Sam informed Tubbo & Ranboo what had happened and the idea of safety in numbers since there were five members and they could be anywhere. Though they were on the fence at first, they thought it was the best choice since Michael & Tommy were too young to defend themselves. Fortunately, when Foolish was able to recover from what happened at the Banquet, he finished everything in the mansion and the duo could move in. The small group helped move things into it, though keeping the small cabin as a safe house. When they finished that, Tubbo said he would let Puffy and Sam come stay in the mansion if they needed a place somewhere to stay. It was a very generous offer and they accepted it but tried to avoid trying to be such a burden on the teens, though it was a nice reason to come visit them.

Such as now, Puffy was making her way over to the mansion. Sam had gone "missing" since he said he skipped out on a few warden work days and Niki had gone back to doing whatever she did during the day, so Puffy had been spending most of her days in her house with just Tommy. Spending time with the small blonde kept some of her spiraling intrusive thoughts at bay. Though she decided it would also be a good idea to be outside of her home a little, which is why she went walking around Snowchester. The streets weren't too busy so it was a nice day to be out. She had stopped by the market to grab some items to make lunch since Ranboo had called and said he was going to experiment with some recipes that he got from Niki's old books. He needed her assistance since Tubbo was out working on his nukes with Jack. He didn't specify to Puffy what he was making but he needed a lot of vegetables, mushrooms, eggs, and fish. Weird combination but wasn't anything crazy so she purchased it for him.

Finally approaching the large double doors, she fixed her hold on everything in her arms so she could knock. There was silence for a moment as she waited. She knocked again but a bit louder, hoping it would echo into the small building. Just as before, there was a moment of silence. That was before the door slowly creaked open as an expected host answered the door.

"Michael, hi sweetie" greeted Puffy, looking down at the young piglin.

"Puff!" exclaimed Michael, his eyes lighting up.

"Gold" he added, his small tail wagging.

"Yeah, we came by to see your dad, Is he here?" stated Puffy, looking past the small boy.

Michael nodded and pushed the door open wider. Puffy nodded her head as she walked past him inside. As she entered, she was amazed by the vast interior of the mansion. She had visited the construction site with Foolish occasionally but seeing everything completed was astonishing. Especially since he said that he had a lot of issues with the chandelier, which was hanging beautifully. Everything was beautiful in just the front entrance alone. Though that did make getting around an issue since she wasn't familiar with the layout of the mansion just yet. So she just allowed Michael to lead the way to where Ranboo was. They headed down a long hallway and passed a few open spaces. One was a lounge room where a small fireplace was burning that had kid toys scattered around on the floor, another was a study space that had lots of books stacked on a desk, and lastly was a dining room with a large window to the front yard. Micheal tugged on Puffy's jacket as he pointed towards an area inside the dining room.

Through an arch doorway was the way into the kitchen. Standing in the kitchen by a pot was Ranboo. His focus was switching between a slip of paper and the steaming cauldron he was stirring. Puffy knocked against the wall as she made her presence known. The enderman teen's ears perked as he looked over his shoulder at them.

"Puffy!" exclaimed Ranboo, turning around completely.

"Hi Ranboo!" waved Puffy, as she placed the market bags on the nearby counter.