Chapter 9

Lunch hour had passed and Puffy was quickly walking through Snowchester. She put a beanie back on Tommy's head and covered him with his blanket. Since it was her turn to take care of him, she had two bags on her. Her work satchel & the duffle bag. From an outside perspective, she would have looked like a busy mother on the run, which she probably was at the moment. She had to get to underground fields since all the people were working on the upper surface of the town. Tubbo had said the people could choose how to build the town since he really didn't take the role as head of the community. So they started building a comfy and freely secured town. Free access to the seaside, decorating to their own personal aesthetics, & providing for everyone with their own skills. Most of the builders were working on building and structures, so there were few farmers to start working on figuring out a farm system. Puffy ended up being the lead of the few farmers who thought of a way to supply food. One of them mentioned how a certain person had created an underground potato farm during the Pogtopia days. It made good sense to try it since the ground was most likely soil above ground. So they had started digging and building under the earth. They had cleared a wide area after about a week of working on it and last time Puffy had checked in on them, they were laying down fresh soil so they could.

As they walked, Puffy found the entrance to the tunnel and descended down it. There was a long staircase leading downwards but there was a ramp for the carts to be pushed up, so she decided to use it since it was faster. The duo haired woman hopped into a nearby cart and settled herself and Tommy in it.

"You ready, Tommy?" she asked, looking down at the blonde.

Tommy responded with a slight head bump to her chest. Puffy pushed up the leaver and the cart unhinged itself. It rolled forward and downwards at a slow speed. There was a little rumble but wasn't too much to disturb the flow of the cart. The temperature slowly changed as the descended since the heat from the torches was balancing out the cold air from the entrance. The ride wasn't too long and not short like how it was for the water tunnel. Once the two reached the bottom of the track, there stood two of the local farmers looking at a sheet of paper. Puffy hoped and trouted over to them.

"Yo good morning, Gentlemen! How are things holding up hear" greeted Puffy.

"Oh, hello Captain! We are actually doing pretty well. We started plowing the ground this morning and we are almost done sowing but we need more seeds" explained one of the farmers.

"What seeds are already planted?" asked Puffy, placing her hand on her hip.

"Wheat and carrots, but they only take up one-fourth of the fields" stated the other farmer.

"Well, let me think," said Puffy, as she scanned the paper they were holding.

"I think I have a spare sack of potatoes in my storage and I think Foolish has some spare sacks of seeds somewhere" she informed, snapping her fingers.

"That's wonderful, we'll send some workers to get them from you" smiled one of the farmers.

"Nah, you can just send one worker with a cart" expressed the duo haired woman, bumping the cart in question.

"Are you sure Captain? You seem to have your hands full?" questioned the farmer, gesturing to the blanket bundle in her arms.

"I'm sure, besides I need to head over and help the folks in Kinoko soon so it would be fast one of your guys could bring a cart" stated Puffy.

The two farmers exchanged glances and struggled. They called someone over from the field. Puffy hopped back into the cart and waited for the worker to come over and climb into it. Once they were in, the duo haired woman reached back and pushed up the leaver. This reversed the track and it moved back upwards.