Chapter 5

Sam was awakened by the smell of waffles & sausages. He slowly opened his eyes and strengthened his limbs. For sleeping on a couch, he felt pretty good this morning. He sat and looked around. He stood up and followed the scent of food. He hadn't had a proper meal in a while so it was quite tempting. He peeked into the kitchen, where he saw Puffy was standing in the kitchen at the stove. She was flipping a pancake in one hand and held Tommy on her hip on the other hand.

"Good Morning" greeted Sam, clearing his throat.

"Hm, good morning Sam" smiled Puffy, looking over her shoulder.

"I was just about to come get you since breakfast is pretty much done" she informed, as she slid a pancake onto a small stack on the counter.

"Thank primes, I'm really hungry after last night" said Sam, as he made his way to the counter.

"I'd expect so, though I did steal a few pancakes for myself & Tommy" confessed Puffy, as she booped the blonde on his nose.

"That's fine, at least you two ate" nodded Sam, as he picked up a plate & fork.

"So what's your plan for the day?" he asked, digging in.

"Well my schedule had to be altered, so I'll probably just stick to some farming & doing some repairs that Jack requested for the Manifold Hotel" explained Puffy, as she turned off the stove.

"Ah, Jack and Innit Hotel" grumbled Sam.

"He changed the name since Tommy was 'gone' for the time being" stated Puffy, as she fixed Tommy's onesie.

"Sure, but I don't want Jack around him so I'll take him for today and after you finish the repairs, you can pick him up" reported Sam.

"I could leave him with Sam Nook, he's as protective over Tommy as you are" suggested Puffy.

You could, but I'd also have to reprogram him so he's baby-proof since Tommy isn't a teenager anymore" exclaimed Sam, looking down at his watch.

"Fair. Well, we should head out then, if we want to get started on today's work" replied Puffy, as she stood up from the counter.

"I'll grab my armor" said Sam, as he placed the last pancake in his mouth.

"I'm gonna grab my jacket & hat" stated Puffy, as she grabbed a small beanie off the table & placed it on Tommy's head.

The two adults went into different directions before regrouping at the front door. Puffy had wrapped the blonde baby in a new blanket and passed him Sam, who had just fixed his mask. The creeper hybrid wrapped the blanket to hide Tommy in his arm, as Puffy unlocked the door. They exited out and started heading down the path. The morning streets were quite busy with people. Some parts of the town were still under construction but it was mostly built. They noticed a small group of men examining a paper for an upcoming fountain in the center of town. There were also a pair of women chatting & carrying baskets of cloth as they passed by. A few children happily ran around town, throwing snowballs at each other. These were types of domestic activity that were becoming a more common occurrence after the history of the lands. Puffy hadn't been around for long as Sam had but he bet she was seeing the people progressing and overcoming their warfare-filled history, especially since the majority of Snowchester citizens once lived in L'manburg. It made Sam appreciate the moment he was as he and Puffy walked down the path. The thing that brought him back to reality was Puffy waving her hand in his face. They had reached the hyper tunnel and Puffy was offering a hand to Sam. He accepted as he climbed into the boat. He settled himself giving a nod of approval to Puffy. She returned the nod and pulled down the lever. The pistons pushed the boat forward into the fast flowing current, whizzing them down the tunnel. Before they knew it, they had reached the other side and were ready to get out. Sam climbed out with ease but Puffy staggered to her feet.