Prologue

The Hall was lively. The Gryffindors were gossiping amongst each other, the pleasant atmosphere of Halloween bringing joy to one and all. The Ravenclaws were also enjoying themselves alongside the Hufflepuffs. The Slytherin side was conflicted. Two sides were warring amongst each other. The Dark Lord's followers were disgusted by this muggle holiday, while the more innocent Slytherins enjoyed the festivities. At the Gryffindor table, the heiress to the Potter family, Lydia Potter, sat alongside her closest friend and companion, Sirius Black. Despite her outside appearance, anyone who truly knew her would see the pain lurking beneath her eyes. She saw the holiday for what it truly was, All Hallows Eve. 

The doors to the hall opened, and some of the most well known wizarding figures walked through

The doors to the hall opened, and some of the most well known wizarding figures walked through. Amongst the aurors, minister, and other government workers, were Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. One look at Fleamont, and you could see that he too was suffering alongside his daughter. The Potters detested All Hallows Eve.

"My dear fellows," Albus Dumbledore, Hogwarts's resident genius for a Headmaster greeted, "what are you doing here on such a fine evening?"

"We know no more than you Headmaster," Euphemia spoke softly, yet her voice echoed through the hall, "a spirit of sorts lifted Monty and I, and brought us here."

"I concur my dearest Mia," Lady Augusta Longbottom agreed with her friend, "Frank, Alice, and I were swept away much the same way."

A great light shone as eery music filled the hall. Whispers were heard, and a letter and box appeared on the floor before Albus Dumbledore.

"That is the same light that brought us here Headmaster Dumbledore," Lord Orion Black said dismissively, "Ought you read the note aloud?"

"Of course Lord Black," the headmaster said smiling. He read over the page quickly, and his face paled considerably, yet he began to read.

Dearest Members of England's Magical Community,                                                                                              I have gathered you here at the one place you all call home. England, in the near future, falls to shambles, and many of those currently in there prime, die painful deaths. In fact, the  the current school year's students, experience some of the cruelest fates. My lovely Mistress, with the kindness of her ever-loving heart, has sent me to the past to allow you to witness it all, to allow you to feel guilty for all you will do. In order to maintain the time stream, you will be made to forget it all. However, I will be recording your reaction for her, so she may laugh at your misery. She truly is my greatest mistress. And to my current Master, there is no hope.                          Sincerely, Death.

The hall grew somber and scared at the note. Then, pandemonium broke out. A huge bang was heard, shutting all the noise up, and a projector was seen falling from the sky. A scene was beginning to start, and the people resigned themselves to their fate.

"Sirius," a voice called out, sounding tired and worn out.

"Amelia," an older, rough looking Sirius Black walks out. He looked extremely different to his current looks. 

"You look rough Siri," Lydia Potter nudged her best friend, who turned pale at seeing himself in the future.

"I can see Lyds," He replied, a somber look replacing his normally mischievous expression.

"Why that blood traitor!" Walburga Black's shrill voice was heard across the hall, all eyes on her.

"Why don't you shut up and let us find out," Fleamont Potter shouted angrily, "and don't you dare speak of Sirius like that!" Sirius was pleased to see how much Fleamont cared about him, unlike his biological parents.

"The Dark Lord attacked," she said, gasps were heard, "and Lydia, well she's dead. Died killing him."

Shouts were heard across the hall. "He's dead!" "How?" "Potter?!" 

"Lydia," Sirius began to crying, hugging the girl tightly.

"It was for a good cause," the dark haired girl sniffed, comforted in Sirius's embrace, "I'm scared Siri."

"Don't be my little heart," Fleamont walked over to his daughter, wrapping both her and Sirius in a hug, "death is nothing to be afraid of my little heart, it is only inevitable."

"The last enemy to conquer is death," the girl repeated to her father eyes glistening, "I guess I'll be all right."

"Lydia's gone?" Future Sirius asks, face pale as snow, "my Prongs is gone?" Sirius cries on screen before shooting up. "What about Iola?" Sirius's eyes are begging Amelia for answers.

"Who's Iola?" Regulus Black asks his brother, "and why would Potter know her?"

"I don't know brother dearest," Sirius snarks, anger being the way he was choosing to express his grief, "why don't we watch and find out?"

A small baby was handed to Sirius. Her hair is black as night and a real mess. She opens her  deep brown eyes, looks at Sirius, and says, "Where's Mommy?"

Gasps are once again heard, but people were to ingrained in the video, waiting to see of their suspicions would be confirmed.

"You're all she has left," Amelia tells Sirius, "Lydia wanted you to have her, her little girl, her precious star. You're going to have to clean yourself up Sirius. Wouldn't want to disappoint Lydia would you?"

"No I wouldn't ," Sirius said, looking at the girl he shares a remarkable resemblance to, "not at all."

People turned to the Gryffindor table to look at the person in question. Sirius was holding Lydia Potter as she sobbed, a dark look on his face. He didn't seem like a man who just found out he would be a father in the next few years. Remus Lupin, the boy's roommate, clapped him on the back, and said, "Congrats Sirius. Seems like you're a father. Got the girl didn't you?" 

"I'm not the father," Sirius said confidently, "I'd never sleep with Lydia." 

At the same time, Lydia Potter said, "As if I'd ever sleep with Siri."

"It seems you're going to sleep with my brother one day Potter," Regulus calls across the hall, "or have you already begun."

"I have not nor will ever sleep with your brother," Lydia cooly responds to Regulus from her seat. Many people look at her strangely. She was just shown to have had a child, obviously with Sirius Black, was she in denial?

"It seems future you had different ideas," Lily Evans said to the girl, enjoying the look of distaste that grew on the girl's face, "Although it's not as if you don't sleep in his dorm already."

"Watch yourself Ms. Evans," Frank Longbottom warned, "that's my cousin you're talking about."

"It's not as if it's not true though," Marlene Mckinnion spoke up, "she hasn't slept in our dorm room since second year."

"You've been sleeping with Black for that long," Severus Snape jeered from the Slytherin table, "what a little wh-" A bright yellow spell hit the boy, and his mouth disappeared.

"I'd watch your tongue Snivellous," Lydia Potter stood up, wand raised, a strange, terror stricken look on her face, "you know absolutely nothing. And if I haven't made it clear enough, I have not and never will sleep with Sirius Black."

People in the hall looked at the girl with pity. It must be strange to see your life be displayed to everyone like that. Lydia Potter simply rested her head on Sirius's shoulders. They'd see.