Flashbacks Chapter #1

"Mum!" a much younger Lydia Potter shouted, "we're going to miss the train of you don't hurry up." Lydia jumps of the balcony, onto the chandelier, off onto the banister, before sliding down.

"Lyddie!" Euphemia Potter shouts, hand over her heart, "what have I told you?"

"Don't do super dangerous things that will give you, Daddy, Aunty 'Gusta, Uncle Newt, and all the other adults heart attacks. Oh! And I'm a rambunctious little tyke who's going to wind up with a concussion." Lydia says all this very fast, smiling as she drives her mother up the wall.

"You were certainly... spirited," Pandora Fawley says kindly, though a little astounded.

"You poor, poor woman," Augusta Longbottom consoled Euphemia, "your Lydia was always a little rascal."

"We wouldn't have her any other way," Monty laughed, shaking his head, "although less heart-attacks would certainly be nice."

"Can't promise anything Daddy," Lydia said cheerily, "although Siri restrains me sometimes. Other times though, he eggs me on. It's really very fun here at Hogwarts."

"I really do feel for you Minerva," Euphemia says empathetically, "you have to reign in her chaos 24/7."

"It takes all my energy truly Euphemia," Professor McGonagall sighs, "but I certainly don't regret it."

"Let her live a little Cara Mia," Fleamont Potter enters, "she'll only be young for a few more years. And she's right, if we don't leave quickly, she'll miss the train. Cue to them standing by the train. 

"I'm going to miss you Mum," Lydia hugged her mother, "and you too Daddy."

"Come here my dearest heart," Fleamont cooed to his daughter, "you'll grow into a powerful witch. Remember what I told you about dueling."

"Only if they insult you!" The two say together before laughing.

"That summarizes Monty into 5 words," Euphemia chuckled, "always jinxing people who made fun of his name."

"My mother's dying wish was for me to be named Fleamont," Fleamont said proudly, "it was my duty and honor to bear her family name."

"Bye Daddy!" Lydia shouted, before skipping onto the train. She settle down in a compartment, and put her things in the cabinet. She notices a crying redhead in the compartment, and ignores her, far more interested in the boy who walks in.

"Hi, I'm Lydia Potter," Lydia sticks her hand out. 

"Sirius Black," Sirius takes her hand and shakes it. 

"The beginning of a great love story," Marlene Mckinnion sighs, ever the romantic.

"We are not in love!" the pair in question shout, ever frustrated about the increasing amount of times they have to say it.

"Clicked right away didn't you two," Euphemia smiles. Her two loves were the apples of her old eyes, and it made her happy to be able to witness their meeting.

Unbeknownst to them, Severus Snape had entered the compartment . He was talking to Lily Evans, and attempted to convince her to got to Slytherin. Lydia interjects herself by saying she'd rather leave than go to Slytherin, saying she wants to be a Gryffindor like her father. Sirius says his whole family has been in Slytherin. Lydia jokes, and says she'd thought he was a decent person. The members of the compartment argue and insult each other, and Lily pulls Severus out of the compartment.

"That's what you four have been causing drama over for over four years!" Marlene shouts.

The four from that compartment were suspiciously quiet. They knew there was more to the story than that, but neither really wanted to hash out the details.

"Sorry about that," Lydia turns to Sirius, "I've never been very good at controlling my tongue."

"Neither have I been," Sirius smirks, "In fact there was this one time the minister..." The two talk the entire train ride, Lydia buying plenty of candy for the two of them.

As they start walking to the boats, Lydia pulls Sirius to a boat in which Dorcas Meadowes is sitting in, alongside Kingsley Shacklebolt. "Hello, I'm Lydia Potter, and you are? Oh, and this is Sirius Black."

"Dorcas Meadowes." "Kingsley Shacklebolt." They sat on the boat, and were awed by Hogwarts's view when it came up. They were all led into the hall, and waited outside for Professor McGonagall.

"What house do you think you're going to get into?" Kingsley whispered to Sirius.

"Anything but Slytherin," he responded with an edge, "that'd really get Mum angry."

"Well wherever you're going," Lydia says adamantly, "I'm coming with."

"Really?" Sirius asks, astonished.

"Yeah it'd be cool to get into Gryffindor like my dad, but I'd rather be with my friend." They're led into the hall, and they all stare in wonder at the ceiling.

"Mum said it was beautiful, but not how beautiful," Lydia said awed.

"I think that's the quietest I've ever seen you Lyddie," Fleamont chucked, "and that's really saying something."

Professor McGonagall pulls out her scroll, and calls the first name. "Black, Sirius." Two witches at the slytherin table look at Sirius with grave faces. They try to ensure he knows what he "must" do. Sirius sits down on the stool, and smiles at the thumbs up he gets from Lydia.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat shouts, and silence enters the hall. The only ones clapping are the muggleborns and of course, Lydia Potter. Sirius grins like the madman he is, and sits down at the Gryffindor table. 

"Bones, Amelia," Hufflepuff.

"Evans, Lily," Gryffindor.

"Lupin, Remus," Gryffindor.

"MacDonald, Mary," Gryffindor.

"Mckinnion, Marlene," Gryffindor.

"Meadowes, Dorcas," Ravenclaw.

"Pettigrew, Peter," Gryffindor.

"Potter, Lydia," Gryffindor. Lydia runs to the table, and sits with Sirius

"Shacklebolt, Kingsley." Ravenclaw.

"Snape, Severus," Slytherin.

The scene shifts, and its Sirius and Lydia running along the grounds. Sirius smirks, before tossing Lydia in the lake.

"Sirius!" Euphemia scolded, "she could've gotten hypothermia!"

"Sorry Effie," Sirius shrugs, not really sorry, "Lydia's strong like that."

"Sirius!" Lydia doesn't let go of Sirius, and pulls him into the water with her. She is nothing, if not playful.