Flashbacks Chapter #6

"Regulus Arcturus Black!" Walburga shouted amidst the gossip of the hall, "How dare you dilute our noble bloodline with a mudblood!"

Regulus was lost for words, as everyone who had ever supported and loved him in his life turned their backs on him. For something he hasn't even done. Regulus was suddenly shown what Sirius had known for years. Their family was full of psychos.

"I expected better from you," Arcturus Black II lectured his grandson, "the boy who carries my name should marry a mudblood. Tut tut."

"How could you?!" Barty shouted at his friend, "it's bad enough you went against the Dark Lord, but you also marry a mudblood?!"

"SHUT UP!" Andromeda suddenly shouted, "Regulus is only 11. You're shouting and scaring him for something he's going to do in over a decade. He's a child!"

"Watch yourself blood-traitor!" Bellatrix sneers, "you chose to leave this family, so don't mix in its affairs."

"I will not allow you to torment an 11 year old over what his future self does," Andromeda raises her wand, "and I don't care who I need to curse to do so."

"I agree with Andy," Sirius reaches into his pocket, and pulls out a few bottles and inventions, "and you don't want to be on the other end of my wrath."

"Come here Regulus," Andromeda holds her hand out, "you don't have to put up with this. Sirius and I will take care of you."

Regulus hesitates. Andromeda was a blood traitor who eloped with her boyfriend only three years ago. That is one of the worst thing a Black can do, Mother always told him, yet Andromeda looks happier than she's ever been. And despite all the cruel things he and their family spat at her, she was still offering her hand to him. She still considered him family despite it all. All the evidence is pointing to them being right, to Sirius and Andromeda being the true nobles of the Noble and Ancient House of Black.

So Regulus made his decision. He got up from his seat, without looking at Barty, the boy he'd thought was his friend through thick and thin, and walked over to his older cousin. A cousin who's name he's besmirched and mocked for three years. A cousin who suffered horrendous pain at the end of his uncle's wand. Yet she still remains as kind as she always was.

"You're going to be alright," Andromeda whispered as she hugged him, "it'll all be over soon. I promise. In the meantime, let me introduce you to Nymphadora. She really is the sweetest thing." 

"So Thee married a woman from France," Lydia is seen telling Sirius as they sit by the foyer, "Josephine Blaise. They have three kids, Mallory, Jacob, and Artemis Scamander."

"Seems Dia gave you a whole run down of the family tree before we came," 27 year old Nico Scamander smirked at Sirius.

"She did," Sirius deadpanned, "and she told me Lyetta's her favorite."

"Oh come on, Dia," Nico whined as his sister cheered, "really?"

"Yup," Lydia was unashamed, "she's the best."

"Did all the Scamander's marry foreigners?" Sirius wondered, "because Bart married a Russian, Esther married a South African, Dana Eulalie married a Canadian muggle, and Newt himself married an American."

"I guess we really do have a pattern," Tina laughed, "it's probably because we travel so much."

"I mean my mum's Russian," Lydia said casually, "and so's Aunty 'Gusta. Mum was her babysitter for years, and they've been close ever since. But yeah, I guess you're right about the Scamanders."

"You babysat Augusta?" Alastor Moody asked Euphemia astonished, "how did I not know that?"

"It's not exactly public knowledge," Euphemia shrugged, "and it never really mattered."