Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14

"That was so cute," Hestia Jones gushed, "and Lydia looked so beautiful. I can't believe she married Benjy."

"I can't believe we didn't notice her feelings," Kingsley added, "it seems so obvious in hindsight."

"Most things tend to be," Valentino Fawley, Pandora's second cousin, pointed out.

"Fair enough," Kingsley agreed, "fair enough."

"Iola!" Olivia Tare burst into the Thunderbird dorm, "want to come to Hogsmeade with me? I'm taking a bunch of friends."

"No thank you," a bleary eyed Iola whispered, "I have a different plan."

"Oh," Olivia said, leaving, "I guess I'll have to treat you another time."

"Bring me back some candy please," Iola asked, "I'd appreciate it."

"Of course," Olivia responded, "I'll get your favorite."

"Thank you," Iola smiled slightly, before the previous frown returned.

"What's wrong with her?" Benjy's heart burst for his daughter. A daughter who was not much younger than he. In fact, his on screen daughter was precisely the same age as her current mother.

"I don't know," Sirius's face darkened, "but if anyone harmed her, they'll never see the light of day again."

Iola, once she was sure the coast was clear, pulled a tote bag out of her suitcase. Grasping the mysterious bag in her hands, she ran out of her dorm that was located on the whimsical Illvermorny airplane. She reached into her bag, and Death's Cloak of Invisibility surrounded her. Hidden from view, she made her way past Hogsmeade's gates. She walked further and further from the city, until she reached a frozen over lake. Iola lifts the cloak off, and pulls a pair of ice skates out of her bag.

"Ice skates!" Dorcas squeals, "I love ice skating!"

Slipping the skates on, a miserable Iola Potter skates onto the ice. She starts slowly, doing laps around the lake quickly. Far quicker than an average person should be able to. As she skates, her spirit lifts, frown leaving her face. She relishes in the activity, her smile beaming. It was certainly a sight. The heiress to the Potter fortune swirled, twisted, and leaped on the ice, seeming as if she'd grown up on it. The girl was clearly in her element.

"That's incredible!" Dorcas was amazed, "I've seen grown skaters with less skill. She's a natural born skater."

"I wonder if she had lessons," Lydia mumbled to herself, "she wouldn't be that good otherwise."

"I knew I'd find you here," a voice rang out from the bushes.

"Show yourself!" Iola flung into action, whipping her wand out, and twirling in the direction of the voice.

"It's just me," Neville Longbottom walked out with his hands up, "I didn't mean to scare you."

"Nev," Iola breathed in relief, "how'd you know I'd be here?"

"I was in Hogsmeade," Neville explained, twisting his wand, transfiguring his shoes into skates, "and bumped into your friends. I asked where you were, and they said you didn't want to go with them."

"So?" Iola asked.

"I know you better than anyone," Neville elaborated, stepping onto the ice, "we were born 1 day apart, and raised by the same people. You're the closest thing I have to a sister. So when my very charming and loving sister misses out on a day out with friends, I grow concerned. So I borrowed Callie's map, and saw you were out here."