Flashbacks Chapter #16

"Are you sure you should be doing that?" Regulus hesitantly asks Lydia. Lydia was climbing a ladder to hang some decorations outside.

"Are you implying I'm incapable?" Lydia shot Regulus a look that caused internal panic to the boy. However, he was going to make sure she was safe, despite his fears. He recalled the book Frank had given him saying that he should validate her feelings or something. Regulus wasn't exactly emotionally competent enough to understand what it meant. But experimentation couldn't hurt, could it?

"I'm not saying that," Regulus spoke reassuringly, "I'm just saying it's not exactly the safest idea for a pregnant woman. You fell off of ladders plenty of times before you were pregnant, so who's to say you won't while you're pregnant? And it's a lot more dangerous for a pregnant woman to fall."

"Is falling of a ladder going to be a constant occurrence?" Lydia wondered, "because that does not seem very fun."

"You're not wrong," Lydia sighed, and got off, "I just feel very useless. I can barely do anything."

"Why don't you give Regulus an overview of everyone?" Sirius walks in, "after all, that's what you did my first time."

"That's an excellent idea," Regulus latches on, "I really have no idea who I'm meeting. That's probably not a good thing, seeing how everyone else probably knows each other."

"I guess," Lydia pouts, "whatever. Let's go sit on the couch."

An hour later, a tentative knock is heard at the door. "I'll get it," Regulus stood to get the door.

"I will," Lydia stands slowly, "I'm perfectly okay to walk to the door. You probably don't even know who it is."

"Fair point," Regulus rubs the back of his neck, "I'll come with you. Just in case."

"Never fancied you to be the overprotective type," Lydia laughed, but allowed Regulus to follow her to the door.

"Neither did I," Sirius points out, "and the two of us were raised together."

"I'm just glad Lydia has someone constantly looking out for her," Fleamont voices, "I'm sure everyone is being helpful, but a pregnant woman needs someone available at all times."

"Dia!" Nico Scamander opened his arms to his cousin, "it's been awhile." His voice turns slightly somber, "How've you been?"

"I'm fine," Lydia smiles shakily as she led them inside, "and I see that little Rolf is doing well too."

"He is," Maria Scamander agrees, son on her waist, "say hi to Auntie Dia, big boy!" Little Rolf, almost one years old, waves his pudgy little hand at his aunt.

"Oh he's so cute," Lydia sighs, "I hope mine is as cute."

"Yours?" Nico asks, suddenly realizing Lydia's swollen stomach, "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!"

"About five months in at this point," Lydia smiles fondly, "oh, and before I forget. Nico, meet Regulus Black, Siri's ex-brother. Regulus, meet Nico and Maria Scamander. They're from Brazil. The little cutie is Rolf."

"Nice to meet you," Maria smiled warmly, "I hope we'll get to know you just as we have Sirius."

"I hope you're Sirius's opposite," Nico said, "two Sirius' could destroy the world as we know it."

"I agree with my future self," Nico announced, "two Sirius' could spell the end of mankind as we know it."

"Cut the dramatics Nico," Sirius huffed, "I'm nowhere near that bad."