Flashbacks Chapter #14

The scene switched to two months after the wedding. The Voldybusters are sitting on a packed muggle train. Sirius is in Padfoot form, and Regulus and Lydia are disguised with wigs and makeup.

"Why did we have to disguise ourselves ?" Lydia tugs at her uncomfortable blouse, "we could have just gone as ourselves. No one even knows us."

"You know exactly why," Regulus sighs, already having grown used to her antics, "if the Dark Lord was to ever go looking for this object, we cannot have anyone with our description in the area. One slip of mouth, and we have the Dark Lord on our tails."

"I don't think it's worth all this humiliation," Lydia insists, "I've fought you-know-who before and so did my parents. I don't think he's going to want to mess with us after that."

"You fought you-know-who?!" the hall thundered, "and survived!"

"I did?!" Lydia asks, face turning pale.

"Well we have," Euphemia points to both her and Monty, "on 4 different occasions. Although, it was a few years ago and he was far from the height of his power. I'm not sure we'd be able to do it again."

"You survived out of pure luck," Regulus argues, "he found it more important to leave then finish fighting it out with you. It would be a disaster if he started chasing us down."

"You're right," Lydia gives in, "let's get this over with."

"Hello," a cheery voice greeted them, "you must be Mr. and Mrs. Glorffer here to see the neighborhood."

"Glorffer?" Lydia says confused, but hurriedly adds, "yup, that's us, the Glorffers."

"I think we're going to see the story that Sirius spoke about by the wedding," Andromeda grinned, "and it's bound to be funny."

"Glorffer?" Lydia scrunches her nose in distaste, "don't you have any naming sense?"

"Really Reg," Lydia whispers while the lady chatters about the history of Little Hangelton, "Glorffer? You better let your future partner choose your kids' names, because you cannot be trusted with something like that."

"Sorry," Regulus apologizes, "I don't know muggle last names. I just made something up."

"How much longer do we have to pull this off for?" Lydia asked, "we need to go and retrieve the object."

"I'm not sure," Regulus glanced around, "let's wait until she shows us a house or two, and then we'll say we want to look around on our own. Then Sirius will shift back, and we'll raid Gaunt's shack." Sirius, upon hearing that, wagged his tail. He was not all too pleased to be stuck as a dog.

"I think I prefer Sirius like this," Lydia grinned, scratching him behind the ear, "he's much friendlier like this." Sirius's dog form growled as he heard his sister's taunt.

"I quite agree," Regulus laughed, and suddenly realized that the lady was leading them into a house. Regulus grabbed Lydia's hand, and rushed after the lady. "Hurry! We cannot afford to waste any time. You have to go back to work tomorrow, and Moody will not be pleased if you're late again. That means we have to sleep sometime tonight."

"We both know there's nothing he can do about it," Lydia laughed as she ran, "I'm too important to fire. So he'll have to put up with it anyways."

"Seems Potter's going to be causing issues," Edgar Bones comments to his boss, "I think it'll liven the place up."

"Sounds like a disaster," Moody answers gruffly, "but I'm glad we're going to have her. She's going to be a force to be reckoned with."