Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9

The scene shifts to a 13 year old Iola Potter on the mirror with Sirius. "...and I've been having this nightmare," Iola tells Sirius, "it's really creepy. There's this cackling man, and another person who screams a lot. Then there's all sorts of lights, and a big red splatter."

"I wonder what her vision is," Lydia whispers to her father, "mine was of Arianna Dumbledore and yours was of Morgana Le Fay."

"The first vision is important," Fleamont points out, "that person becomes your personal guide and attendant. Of course, I've spoken to many spirits, including Merlin himself, but Morgana has a special place in my heart."

"We know," Sirius rolls his eyes, "and she adores you."

"Should I be concerned that one of the darkest witches to ever live adores your father?" Benjy asks Lydia, "cause that's a huge red flag in my book."

"Gana's a lot tamer now," Lydia reassures him, "centuries of being dead does that to you."

"I was afraid of this," Sirius sighs, "I'll have to induct you when you return from school."

"Induct me into what?" Iola asked worriedly, "what's going on Daddy?"

"All will be explained in two months love," Sirius sighed, "Merlin! I wish this didn't have to happen."

"I trust you Daddy," Iola said, "but I expect a proper explanation."

"And you'll get one," Sirius promises, "on an unrelated note, Amy and I plan to get married next winter."

"That quickly?" Iola asks.

"Yup," Sirius smiles, "we both want to move as quickly as possible, because we want Susan to be able to move in before her transfer."

"Oh," Iola says, "where's Suzy transferring?"

"Back to Hogwarts," Sirius says, "Dumbledore's retiring, so Amy feels comfortable sending Susan back. Susan doesn't like it at Beauxbatons very much anyways. You're welcome to stay at Illvermorny if that's what you want."

"So Susan went to Beauxbatons," the Bones Family chatter amongst themselves, "wonder why Amelia sent her there?"

"It is what I want," Iola says, "no one is trying to get me to be the next Lydia Potter. They're just trying to get me to be the best witch I can be."

"Then we made a good choice sending you there," Sirius smiles, "thank Merlin for your Great Aunt Tina."

"Thank Merlin indeed," Iola says, before blowing a kiss at the mirror, "bye Daddy, go to go."

"Goodnight little star," Sirius hangs up the mirror.

"That was so cute," Alice gushes, "who would've thought Sirius would make a good dad?"

"Me!" Lydia jumps up.

"You don't count Dia," Frank points out, "you are Sirius's #1 fan."

The scene shifts to the end of the school year, and Iola is saying goodbye to her friends at the airport.

"I'm going to miss you," Iola hugs them all, "you're all welcome to come visit me, and I'll try to come sometime this summer."

"We'll miss you too," Lawrence says, "right, Leopold?"

"Definitely," Leopold rolls his eyes, "every minute of every day."

"I'll miss you too Leopold," Iola says cheerily, "Ms. Hicks, could you take a picture for me?"

"Of course," Lally smiles, "say cheese!"

"Cheese!" The group shouts, and takes some wild pictures.