Flashbacks Chapter #10

"That was wholesome," Hestia Jones smiled, "I hope it doesn't get too dark after this."

"Morning Sirius," Lydia poked Sirius's cheek, "time to arise from your slumber."

"Whaaaa-" Sirius groans as he awakens, "why do I feel so different?"

"Take a look in the mirror," Lydia smiles, "that'd explain it all." Sirius walks to the mirror, and lo and behold, his face was very reminiscent of Fleamont Potter. He had Euphemia's neat, dark hair, short stature, and stunning blue-green eyes. Everything else, however, was nearly identical to Fleamont. 

"I look like Monty," Sirius examined himself in awe, "and Effie."

"Don't forget me," Lydia draped herself onto Sirius, "you look like my brother."

"I am your brother," Sirius said grinning, "brother to an absolute genius."

"Oh yeah!" Lydia and Sirius high five.

"That I am," Lydia flips her hair, "let's go down for breakfast. Mum's having a tailor come and fit you for clothing. Said your old measurements probably wouldn't fit."

"Why don't we just go to a store?" Sirius asked, "that'd probably be easier."

"Cause you look like a Potter," Lydia responded bluntly.

"And?" Sirius waited for Lydia to elaborate.

"The Potters are known for having one child," Augusta huffed at Sirius, "use your brain boy. They'd think you were Monty's illegitimate child or that you were using dark magic to impersonate someone. Until things are worked out at the ministry, it makes sense they're leaving you indoors."

"Oh," Sirius rubbed his neck, "I probably should have thought of that."

"There's only one Potter child," Lydia skipped down the stairs, "wouldn't want people to deny you your identity. Daddy went to get you registered. Said he'd call once the potion was registered and ask if you wanted to change your name on the records."

"What would I change it to?" Sirius wondered aloud.

"Daddy said you might want to drop any presence of the Blacks," Lydia turned to face Sirius, face remarkably serious, "so he thought you might want to replace your middle name, Orion."

"I'd love to," Sirius says, "wonder what I'll change it to."

"Oh," Sirius said softly, "what would I change it to?"

"Anything you want," Euphemia cut into the conversation, "now come and have breakfast."

"I mean," Lydia said as she chewed, "if you want to pick from our family, there are a few options. There's Henry, after my Grandad Potter, Caius, after Grandfather Moon, Ignotus is a good option also. I've met the man. He's very down to earth, and always shouts at Morgana."

"Charlus is also a lovely idea," Euphemia was far more dignified than her daughter, "if you wanted to maintain the slightest connection to your family. Your former great-aunt Dorea married my brother-in-law Charlus. I would also like to mention that Fleamont is an option. Monty would be honored if you did choose that."

"You don't need a middle name," Lydia reassured him, "it's just a tradition. We're all about busting tradition these days."

"Oh my little heart," Fleamont chuckled, "never change."

"What about Balinor?" Sirius suggests, "I saw that name on the family tree in the lab. It stuck with me since."

"Random," Andromeda muttered to husband, "if I could change my name, it'd be to something a lot more significant."