Flashbacks Chapter #9

"I met my little girl," Benjy tears up, "and she loves me."

"I hope I get to see her," Lydia says, "and I hope she loves me too. She seems to detest being under my legacy, so I hope she still has love left for me."

"I'm sure she does," Benjy said, and Lydia couldn't help but to blush. The love of her life was finally giving her the time of day.

"SIRIUS!" Lydia shouted when Sirius finally awoke, "you're alright!"

"Lyds?" Sirius asks groggily, "where am I?"

"Potter Manor silly," Lydia sits beside him, "Daddy picked you up. Mum and I fixed you up, and Daddy brewed an oculus potion for you. We're not sure how well you'll recover from the nerve damage the cruciatus caused, but other than that, you've been making great recovery."

"How long has it been?" Sirius asks, sitting up in his bed.

"It's only been a day," Lydia reassured him, "Mum had a house elf get some things for you. You didn't bring anything with you when you ran away."

"I ran away," Sirius suddenly realized, "oh merlin. They're going to kill me."

"They nearly did," Fleamont made his presence known, "when I got to you, you had just passed out from blood loss. Had I been ten minutes later, you almost certainly would have died."

"Poor Sirius," Andromeda sobbed, "he's far too young for that. At least I had already planned on leaving."

"I know 'Dromeda," Ted rubs her back, "but all will be well. The Potters will care for him. I'm sure of it."

"They really did try to kill me," Sirius had never thought they'd go so far, "I can't go back now."

"As if we were going to let you," an extremely angry Euphemia Potter slammed her fist on the table, "I'd rather chop my left arm off."

"Please don't chop limbs off," Fleamont pleaded, "unless those limbs happen to be attached to Walburga Black. If so, feel free to chop."

"Regardless," Euphemia brushes Fleamont off, "we would never allow you to go back Sirius. You'll stay with us from now on. You're our son as much as Lydia is our daughter."

"Really?" Sirius teared up, "you want me?"

"Of course we do," Lydia rolls her eyes, "what sane person wouldn't want you?"

"Master Fleamont," a squeaky voice interrupted the tender moment, "a Mr. Alphard Black is at the door."

"What's Alphard doing there?" Walburga muttered to Cygnus. Seeing the hall's opinion of her at the moment, even she wouldn't dare bring their attention back to the Blacks.

"Perhaps we sent him to see if Sirius was there?" Cygnus said, "Sirius never hated him as much as he hated us."'

"Good point," Walburga's voice is full of contempt, "he must be there to retrieve the traitor, and ensure he receives the proper punishment for running off."

"Sirius," Fleamont asks softly, "do you want to see Alphard? I'll send him away if you don't."

"I'll see him," Sirius decides, "he was never as bad as the rest of them. His only issue is he did nothing to help."

"I'm sorry Sirius," Alphard apologizes, "I should have been a better uncle. A better person. I hope you can forgive me."

"I forgive you" Sirius responds slowly, "but I will never trust you. Ever."

"That's far more than I deserve," Alphard sighs, "and I hope we can mend things."

"Send him in," Fleamont instructs, "but be prepared to remove him from the property."