☆ ─ the party.

(/□\*)

descriptions of corpses, blood, hints of abuse

Crunch!

You stare in shock as what used to be Evan, was now covered in an icky and disgusting red substance. You look back at Michael, in complete horror, the horror that would drive anyone to insanity. You didn't know what to say. You couldn't say anything. In that moment, you watched the person who deserved a fulfilling life die right before you. You watched as Michael attempted to grab the boys body from the animatronic mouth, getting blood everywhere in the process.

"Michael..." You call, worried for your lovers mental state. You knew Michael bullied him and you tried your best to stop it, but here you are. There was still hope for him; you just needed to help. All you could do was watch from the sidelines from that moment.

You watched as the older sibling cradled the now dead boy, the police came rushing in soon. You were a mess, you had tears rolling down your cheeks, and blood. Oh god the blood. Just thinking about it, his body, made you sick to your stomach. You were taken outside where you were questioned by the police about what happened. You told them the truth about the situation, and explained how it was just an accident. He didn't mean for this to happen. You knew he didn't.

You went home that day absolutely mortified. That will never get out of your head. It was an awful feeling; you still remembered his body perfectly. The way the crunch sounded, his head and guts everywhere, it even got on you. You immediately hopped in the shower, feeling nothing but guilt. It wasn't your fault, and you knew, it was more pity for Michael.

The next day you laid in your bed, thinking. What will happen between you and Michael? Should you break up? What does the town think of him? Is he a murderer? No. I refuse to believe that he would do it on purpose. Sadly, I was the only one who seemed to stick up for him. As I took late walks, there were fliers about the situation everywhere. So not only was it affecting Michael, it affected Mr Aftons businesses.

You didn't care about Mr Afton though. You knew him; the real him. Not the nice and neat show family. You knew what went on in the Afton household. Though, I don't believe telling the police would do much. They trust Mr Afton, as business partners. Not like you've tried to tell on him before, you could just see the small interactions.

You took a late walk, looking up at the stars. Though all seems miserable, something still told you: there's hope. You weren't sure whether it was a voice or your own thoughts. Hell, you didn't know anything. Sometimes you felt like you knew what Michael was thinking, and the next, he's changed. Things are always changing, especially now.

Your own feet took you to the cemetery. You lightly push the gate open before slipping in, and stepping over to Evans grave. To your surprise, there's someone already there. Michael was holding flowers, with a tired look on his face. It seemed like he snuck out, from what you knew his parents didn't like him out late.

"Hey..." You say quietly, though it was enough for him to hear. You sat down next to him as he lifts his head to meet your eyes, a devastated look on his features, basically begging, pleading, to leave everything behind. Even if you couldn't stop Evans death, you were going to help him. You felt like you had to. Maybe it was the pity deep in your heart, or the part of you that still loved Michael for who he was. No matter what.

"Hello..." Michaels voice came out in a whisper, his eyes growing glassy. You knew how hard this was on him, yet you couldn't reach for him. Instead of saying anything that might possibly make him feel worse, you just placed a hand on his back, rubbing it gently in a soothing way. That one action was enough for him to break down in your arms.

You used your left hand to rub his back gently, as the right hand pet his hair. "Michael..." You sighed. You didn't know what to tell him. It may have been his fault, but it was an accident. One thing about Michael is that he's very stubborn, even if you did reassure him, he'd still doubt everything. All you knew was that he needed someone right now.

The sobbing boy rested his head on your chest, making it more comfortable for the both of you. You wouldn't leave him; even if he was a rotting corpse! The idea may be silly, but it was true. You noticed the flower, it was specifically a narcissus flower.

When shall I see you again?

Flashback

"Y/N! Y/N!" The boy ran towards you, a beautiful narcissus filling his tiny hands.

"Yes, Evan?" You asked, letting him know he grabbed your attention.

You were babysitting Elizabeth and Evan, along with Michael. You'd been sitting out on a picnic blanket in their backyard, as Evan showed you his passion for flowers.

"This is my favorite!" He holds up the narcissus flower, showing it off proudly. "I want you to have it!" He bows and holds it out for you like a gentleman.

"Aww, Evan! That's so sweet, thank you." You smile kindly and take the flower delicately, as you open your book. Flower language was something you were learning. You found the narcissus flower, it stated:

When shall I see you again?

End of flashback.

Those words rung in your head, as Michaels sobs had now only died down to hiccups. He clung onto your shirt, as you continued petting his hair and rubbing his back soothingly. Those few words. Sometimes the universe is obvious, we just don't know what we think we know. That flower was given a purpose, because of that one boy. It will be something you cherish in memory of him, forever.

Correction, something you both will cherish.

10 years later.

"Michael, be safe!" You watched as your lover, Michael Afton, ran off to work.

"I will, I love you!" He quickly grabbed his stuff and rushed out, shutting (more like slamming) the door behind him.

You quickly trudged up the stairs, getting back to bed tiredly. As you walked in the hallway, the aura felt different. You turn to the small nightstand in between the master bedroom and the bathroom, the small drawer was open this time. As you opened it more, you were met with something that you had cherished long ago.

When shall I see you again?

Remembering those words brought back old pity for Michael, but it was also something you'd love. You picked the flower and the flower language learning book up, and set it up on the nightstand. Now you'd look at it everyday, being reminded of how hard things were. Now, things were going perfectly. Even if you lost cherished ones, you continued to grow;

Together.