✿ ─ ballrooms and enemies

(^_^♪)
Agent Michael x Fem agent reader

(^_^♪)Agent Michael x Fem agent reader

You stood up against the wall, a drink in your gloved hand.

You were an agent, currently on a mission. A mission that required disguises. You had to admit that you enjoyed the black dress you were given, and that this was a pretty cool mission.

People danced in sync, the ballroom music filling the room.

However, you were here for one reason, and one reason only. You didn't plan on talking to anyone, yet someone came up to you.

"Are you enjoying this evening?" Someone asked from beside you. You turned your head and it's your target, M. You could recognize him from anywhere. You never knew what made him stand out though.

"Yes, I am." You replied firmly. You have to be vague, your position cannot be revealed. Not with this many people here.

"How'd a beautiful lady like yourself come without a partner?" M asked. You internally scoffed at his attempt to charm you. How did people seriously fall in love with him?

"Oh... I'm afraid nobody wanted to come with me." You responded. You acted as if you were flustered to not get caught. You can't slip up.

"Hmm... What a shame. What's your name?" M asked. Okay, he was asking too many questions. But, you can't mess this up.

"Aubergine." You responded. Fuck, this might not pass...

"Well, aubergine, care to dance?" M stepped in front you, extending his arm, waiting for you to link your hand with his. You were surprised that passed, since you just randomly said it.

"Hm... Sure, my gentleman." You responded, linking your hand with his. He chuckled and dragged you. You started dancing, his right hand going on your hip while your left hand was on his shoulder, your arms still linked.

You danced for awhile before he leaned in a bit close, whispering, "I know it's you, Y/N." He said directly in your ear, sending shivers in your spine. He must've noticed, because he chuckled.

He leaned back and had this stupid smug smile. "Too bad you won't be able to kill me." He winked charmingly, causing you to just roll your eyes.

"I will have your head on a stick." You responded firmly. You weren't gonna let him push you, neither was he gonna fluster you. You were too smart for that. Funny thing is, you seemed to be just his type.

"How romantic, love." M responded with his voice smooth yet sarcastic. You have to admit, it set a few butterflies in your stomach. Not like you'd ever tell him though.

It came to the end of the song, and you stepped away from the dance. He followed, leaning back up against the wall with you.

"Ahem, I'm going to the restroom." You told him, leaving him there.

The ballroom chatter got quieter as you travelled farther down the hall. You wandered around the place, actually investigating.

"Lost?" That smooth voice you've recognized and gotten used to asked.

"What do you want from me?" You asked, turning around to face him.

"Hmm... I don't want anything from you. Just you!" M smiled as if he knew that'd probably tick you off.

You scoffed, "too bad." You turning around to leave, but it was cut short by a grip on your arm.

You were turned around to be met with M. He brought his hand up to hold your chin to align your lips, though a kiss never came along.

You blushed a bit, though it could be brushed off as makeup.

M hummed, seeming to be satisfied with the position. You wanted to fight back, yet you didn't.

Perhaps he was something more then just a target. A love, possibly? Though you didn't want to admit it. It was forbidden. Not only from your peers, but the rest of the agencies don't approve.

M didn't seemed bothered by this fact.

"You're so pretty." M then let you go after that statement, leaving you there. What the hell?

You knew he probably took interest in you.

You watched as he disappeared down the hall, going back into the ballroom.

You then started walking to the exit, still thinking about him.

He took interest in you, yet something was also stopping him from loving you. Maybe perhaps it was just tease after all...

Even then, you still enjoy his company.

this was just a random idea I got from a fan fiction I read in 2022 😭✌

very rushed prob

- marj