✿ ─ baked in sweet love

(^_^♪)

You walked in the door tiredly, taking off your shoes. A smell overcomes the living room, apparently from the kitchen. You tilt your head in confusion at the strange smell, and walk over to the kitchen. You find your husband attempting to make cupcakes. He hurriedly rushed around the kitchen, as you laughed, catching his attention.

"Oh- love- hi!" He awkwardly stands straight in embarrassment, since he messed up the baking. "Hey, what's going on?" You ask, crossing your arms. Not in a strict way, more of a playful way. "Well- um..." He pauses for a moment, before continuing, "I tried to make you cupcakes but they got burnt..." You see his face grow pink in embarrassment.

You chuckle to let him know that you're not upset, before walking up to him and holding his face in your hands. "You're so cute!" You smile, before giving him a light peck on the lips, leaving him a bit flustered. What was even cuter was that he wore a pink apron with white polka dots, the text on it stated, 'kiss the cook'.

You walked over to the closet next to the kitchen entrance, and grabbed cleaning supplies. You started to walk back in and crouch down to the ovens height, before wiping it down. "Oh - you don't have to do that..." You turn your head towards him as he stepped closer to you, fiddling with his hands.

He was a nervous wreck. But he was your nervous wreck, who also seems to be a gentleman. "It's okay, I got it. Can you take the trash out? Please?" You ask. The smell of the burnt cupcakes were awful, but you decided not to be rude about it. It'll only make him feel worse, which isn't what you want.

"Huh? Oh - yeah!" He hurriedly grabs the cupcake tray, before dashing out of the house. You giggle, before continuing cleaning the oven. Once you were done, you grabbed some pancake mix.

"Breakfast for dinner? Also, no more cooking or baking for you." You joke happily. He lightly chuckles at your joke, before his smile grows bigger. "Hell yeah! Breakfast for dinner!" He chants, causing you to giggle.

That night you both cuddled and fell asleep on the couch.

Moral of the story : never let Michael cook/bake again.