✦ ─ my thoughts will follow you into your dreams

(>_<)

[ MICHAELS POV ]

[ MICHAELS POV ]

I wake up, breathing heavily. I had been having nightmares about Y/N lately.

I get up from my bed, and look out the window that leads into their backyard. The tree where she...

[ FLASHBACK ]

I stood there, mortified. My girlfriend, Y/N, had hung herself on her backyard tree. I turn around to find Elizabeth vomiting at the sight of her body, Evan holding Elizabeth's hair back, and of course - Y/N's younger sibling crying.

Why? Why would she do this? Why would she leave us?

I stood there for awhile, just staring at her. I didn't even realize I was crying. So many questions were running through my head - it hurt.

[ END OF FLASHBACK ]

I quickly turn my head away in disgust as I remember her body. I missed her so much. I went back to my bed, and gripped the end of my bed tightly, to where my knuckles turned white.

Why can't she come back?

I sighed, letting go of the edge of the bed. I suddenly heard the door open, it was my younger brother, Evan. He was holding a plate of dinner for me.

I got on my bed and turned on my side, away from him. "Hey, Mike! Sorry I'm late, I had study group today." Evan said. "Mom wanted me to bring dinner for you." Evan continued.

"Thanks, Ev. I'll eat it later. Can you leave it on my desk?" I asked, obviously sounding tired. "Yeah... Of course." Evan replied. The sound of the plate landing on the desk filled the room, before Evan just went to bed.

I laid there, mumbling to myself about Y/N. I heard Evan get up from his bed. "Are you awake?" He asks quietly. It takes me a bit to reply before I just respond with - "No." I gripped the blankets more.

I feel a weight on the bed. It was probably Evan. I was right when I heard, "Mom, dad, and Elizabeth are really worried, we all miss you a lot." Evan said, a sad tone coming out of his voice.

"If I needed a guilt trip I'd just go to mom." I rolled my eyes while sitting up to face Evan. "We're just trying our best to be here for you." Evan replied. "I know, I'm sorry. I'm just not ready to talk about it yet." I truthfully told him.

"Y/N would hate to see you like this."

What? Excuse me?

I looked at him with an angry look for a moment, before my face turned upset. "What did you just say...?" I said weakly. I breathed in and out deeply, just getting even more angry.

"God... What is wrong with you?" I said angrily. I couldn't see Evans face at the moment, but I knew he stood up from the weight of the bed. "You were there, weren't you?" I asked him, finally look him in his eyes. He had gotten off of the bed, and he had a pained look on his face.

"You saw everything. So how can you keep going..." I said, getting out from under the covers. I sat on my bed. "I can't even look at their backyard without-" I cut myself off with a sigh. "I know mom and dad both think I'm probably being dramatic for taking so long." I say.

"And you... You never even...-"

"Mike, it's not that I—" Evan started before I cut him off. "You never even liked her, so you can move on like nothing happened." I said, getting up from my bed, facing Evan.

Evans expression changed to a pained and upset one.

"Hey, t-thats not fair. I loved—" Evans voice cracked, before I cut him off again.

"No! You didn't!" I raised my voice at him, angrily.

"If we had actually cared enough, she would've talked to us!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face now. "Talked to... Me." I finished, covering my face.

I broke down after, falling to my knees. I was shaking a lot. I missed her so much. I heard Evan sniffle before I saw the light in the room turn on. I felt my mother and father hugging me, attempting to cheer me up.

My mother hugged me, but I quickly noticed they ignored Evan. I push my mother to the side before hugging Evan, who was crying. "I'm so sorry..." I cried, hugging him close. He weakly laughed in response.

After that, I started taking care of myself.

I studied, I fixed myself up, and things got better.

- time skip!
[ ONE DAY BEFORE GRADUATION ]

I listened to music as I cut my hair a bit. I looked in the mirror and sighed, my smile fading. I watched the hair that I cut go down the drain. I felt arms wrap around me. She still haunts me sometimes...

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Yeah idk where the fuck I thought when writing this but whatever.....

If u have never watched OMORI, it's an amazing game check it out! I finished it yesterday and cried for hours 😍😍🙏🙏