✿ ─ the garden

(^_^♪)
past Michael x gardener reader

(^_^♪)past Michael x gardener reader

I watered the latest plants that had come in.

It was a bright sunny day in the school garden, as I watered the pretty flowers. I was the president of the gardening club, so I spent most of my days after school here.

I had gotten permission to plant strawberries, so I was currently watering and taking care of them. They'd been here for a few weeks and everyone is excited, especially since we usually only grew flowers.

I, myself, was excited, though I did not show it. I was one of the calmer, quieter students. No one ever really talks to me, so I find comfort in flowers.

I smiled before hearing the club members walk in. "Hey, Y/N!" A student called, causing me to turn around to meet them. "Hey." I said quietly.

All the club members got to work, taking care of the flowers. I let a small smile paint over my tired features as I looked out at all the plants. It was neat and healthy.

I waved to all the club members who ran home, our club activities over. I turned around to grab my bag that was laying near a pot, but I heard someone running up. I turned back to be met with a student, a popular one surprisingly.

"Hello..?" I said, looking at the person confused. "Hey-! Um- can I pick some flowers?" The person panted out. I had now recognized them - it was Michael Afton. He wasn't my crowd. He was more of the popular kids, known for bullying others.

This caught me off guard, as I didn't expect him out of all people. "Uhm, why?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion at the tired boy. "For my mom!" He seemed to announce unintentionally, as he covered his burning face in embarrassment.

"Oh... Sure." I said, before deciding to stay before he goes. I didn't want to be rude, but I didn't trust him. He was popular for hurting others, along with his group.

I watched as he stared at all the flowers, before picking Antirrhinum. Also known as the Snapdragons. I walked up behind him, before commenting on the flower choice. "Antirrhinum? Good choice." A small smile made it's way on my face.

"Huh?" He asked, holding the flower up, inspecting on what I meant. I giggled, "Antirrhinum is the scientific name for Snapdragons. They bloom in early spring, and live up to 5 years." I informed him, lightly pointing at the plant.

He 'oohed' in response, before smiling widely. "Thanks!" He said, before running off quickly, not giving me a chance to say 'you're welcome'.

I smiled wider.

He's quite fun...

a few weeks later...

Michael had now frequently came over, and the gardening club welcomed him with open arms. Though all the popular kids didn't know (most likely to keep up his reputation) he was actually sweet!

I didn't trust him at first, but he showed me he genuinely wanted to learn about flowers. I've been teaching him all about them.

Today he came in and immediately went up to me. "Can I plant something today?!" He excitedly asked, his hands stimming. "Huh? Oh, sure." I smiled calmly before taking him to a mini shed that was filled with tools and seed packs.

"What do you wanna plant?" I asked, pointing to my chin, in thought. He smiled like he was waiting for me to ask, before grabbing a pack of Snapdragons.

I smiled, "good choice." I told him, before leading him to a empty planter box.

I had instructed him on what to do and we planted them together. "Does this mean you're gonna come over more to check on them?" I giggled quietly.

"Yes! I'm excited!" He proudly stood, his hands covered in dirt. "Well, I'm glad you are." I calmly said while being honest at the same time. I was excited to see more of him...

I thought this was a cute idea! I'm sorry if I was wrong with the flower facts bc I'm not a gardener personally

I hope u enjoyed! (This one might be my favorite)

- marj