Five

Chapter 5

I HAVEN'T SEEN Domino after the meeting and the encounter with Iren. After Domino walked out, Iren came back and apologize to me thoroughly. I told him it was fine and not to confront me again with my personal life. He promised to keep our meeting a secret to his mother and other Indian friends who might be also curious about my being. After that, my day at work was over.

I grunted as Liko, my massage therapist, hardened the press of his huge and calloused palms on my back.

"That hurt?" he asked while still putting his weight on my back.

"Hell, yes!" I groaned loudly because my back was aching intensely.

"You need that," he said and did not even bother to give my body a rest.

It was past dinner time when I felt the ache all over my body. I should've drink some painkillers for it to go away, but painkillers made me nauseous. Planong kong matulog na lang para hindi na maramdaman ang sakit ng buo kong katawan pero pakiramdam ko ay mas magiging malala lang ang mangyayari sa akin kinabukasan. Ayaw ko pa namang um-absent sa trabaho.

"Your muscles are tense," Liko noticed. "Did you have a bad day?"

I sighed. No matter how much people hide and deny the truth, their body won't cooperate. Just like mine.

"It's a new experience. I'm thrilled," I replied with my tired voice.

"You sounded so," Liko did not mind pushing the topic further.

He continued massaging me. I continued complaining how heavy his hands were. Kahit yata sabihin kong nahihirapan na akong huminga dahil sa bigat ng mga kamay niya, hindi pa rin siya titigil.

"Stop complaining."

"You're killing me!"

"You need the pressure."

That made my eyes roll. "I'm so tired with all the pressures coming into my life tapos dadagdagan mo pa."

A deep chuckle and everything went into silence. Ilang sandali pang minasahe ni Liko ang likod ko hanggang sa matapos. I guess he's satisfied how my tensed body turned into jelly after his massage.

"Thank you," I told him when he helped me sit and cover my naked body with a robe.

"Call me if the tension comes back," he said while fixing his essential oils.

"I will."

Tumayo ako at hinatid siya sa pintuan. My body felt lighter than the time I got home. Mas magaan din ang paghinga ko dahil siguro sa nawalang bigat sa bandang balikat at dibdib ko. Liko did a great job releasing the tension from my body.

"Thank you again, Liko," I said as I opened the door. My body shivered and I felt all the tensions that Liko rubbed away from my body came back upon seeing Domino standing in front of my unit. His knuckles were up like he was going to knock on my door.

"Call me," Liko said and smirked at me before glancing at Domino who's staring at us blankly. "Good evening, man."

Liko excused himself and left.

"Do I know him?" Domino asked me after watching Liko's retreating back.

Nilingon ko siya. "I don't know."

Domino snorted. My brows raised as I study his face. He looked back at me. We were silent as we study each other's existence. My eyes lingered on his deep eyes and thick eyebrows. I saw him lowering his gaze on my body. A flicker of darkness and danger flashed on his black orbs for a second.