Nineteen

Chapter 19

I DID NOT get a chance to talk to Domino after we arrived at Eleves'Towers. It was obvious that he was tired from work, and the traffic that we've been through only made him more exhausted. Nalapasan na rin ako ng gutom at inaantok na. Gusto ko na lang umakyat sa kama ko at matulog.

Kinaumagahan, dinig ko ang malakas na pagbayo  ng hangin sa glass door patungo sa terrace ng unit ko. I stood up and grabbed my sweater. I checked on the clock and saw that it was still early. 6:17 AM. Too early to do work, but too late to do yoga.

I decided to just do some stretching inside my room before going out to check on Ponyo. He decided to sleep outside last night. Ganoon siya sa tuwing may bagyo. Mas gusto niyang matulog sa labas ng kuwarto ko para mabantayan ako kaysa tumabi sa akin.

I made him breakfast. My eyes were still half close as I walk around the kitchen and look for things. Nakalimutan ko pang magsuot ng tsinelas dahil lutang pa ako kanina nang lumabas ako ng kuwarto.

My head jerked toward the front door when I heard a knock. I pinched my eyebrows together. Sino naman ang kakatok sa unit ko nang ganito kaaga?

I settled Ponyo's breakfast first before coming out of the kitchen and went straight to the door. My lips parted when I opened it and saw Domino standing in front of me.

"Good morning," he greeted me with a warm smile. He was wearing a hoodie and sweatpants. Magulo ang kanyang buhok na animo'y kagigising lang. "Kumain ka na?"

I forced my lips together before shaking my head. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you," he replied, and my heart swelled inside my chest. "I was worried that the door from your balcony would open. The wind and rain of this storm was wild. Madami nang natumbang poste sa ibaba."

My gripped on the doorknob tightened. I spend my morning energy on preventing my self to jump and wrap my legs around his waist and kissed him fervently. His worry was too much for me. His small actions were too much for me. He was too much for me.

"Can I go check your door?" he asked, and I simply nodded, widening the doorway for him.

Sinundan ko si Domino papasok. Nagtungo kami sa may glass door at hinayaan ko siyang suriin iyon. I stood beside him and stared at his face. His brows were knotted together, and his lips were pursed. He looked so good in the morning. I suddenly felt a knot inside my stomach. That is what I always wanted to see everytime I would wake up.

Maya-maya pa ay umayos na siya ng tayo saka ako hinarap. "The lock is fine. But I don't think it's still safe."

"What are you suggesting?" I asked, sliding my hands inside my shorts' pockets.

"You can stay inside my unit for the meantime. Also bring Ponyo."

I looked at him. He was serious. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin at saka bumuga ng hininga.

"Okay."

I felt him staring at me. I glanced back at him and saw the conflicted glow in his eyes. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

Domino cleared his throat. "Do you want to have breakfast with me?" he asked and my lips curled. "Don't worry. It's not just the two of us," he added before I could answer.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "May kasama pa tayo?"

Tumango siya. "Aniel texted me. He asked me to have a breakfast with him and Nemmie in Nem's condo. He said to bring you with me."

My eyes widened a fraction. "With Nemmie?"

He went silent. He knew what I was thinking. Hindi ba siya nag-aalala sa kung ano ang magiging reaksyon ni Nemmie kung makikita niya kaming dalawa ni Domino na magkasama?