Thirty Two

Chapter 32

THE GALA'S VENUE was packed with people. Lots of people. But I wasn't confident enough that Hashim and my mother and—whoever that man she was with wouldn't see me.

So I went back to our seats, almost grab Domino's attention from our friends to tell him I wasn't feeling well and I needed to go home, when I stopped as I saw him talk happily with Xavier.

I remembered what he told me in the middle of our love-making. He said he was going to work with Xavier with a project. My heart jumped with joy at his news. And seeing him laugh and smile while talking with his soon-to-be project partner, it made me sighed in sheer happiness.

I didn't want to be selfish tonight. I didn't want to pull him away from there, just because of my panic and fear. This was my problem, and I was willing to resolve it on my own just to leave Domino smiling throughout the night.

So I pivoted, and walked toward the direction where I last saw my mother and Hashim. They were still there, laughing and mingling with each other's presence. May iba pa silang kasama. At habang papalapit ako sa kanilang puwesto, unti-unti kong nasilayan kung sino ang mga iyon.

Channing, Triton, and Architect Apollo Cordova.

All of them smiling at my mother and to the man she was clinging with. Hashim was silent beside them, but he was smiling as he listened to whatever they were talking about.

My legs were weak, and my spine was stiff as I approached them. They all stopped from talking and stared at me. I saw Hashim's mouth hang open upon seeing me. My mother's wicked smile brightened, and she whispered something at the man beside him. He whipped his head toward me, and his eyes brightened with approval.

"Good evening, Architect Cordova," I greeted the ASDG's current president with a sweet smile. He smiled at me and dipped his chin as a greeting. I turned to Channing and Triton who were raising their eyebrows at me. My smile tightened. I knew it. They did not have any ounce of idea who they were talking to.

"Channing. I've been looking for you the whole night."

His brows went higher. I chuckled lightly and wrapped my arm around his. From my peripherals, I saw my mother's impressed and mocking look. I could have sworn her eyes lingered on the dress that I was wearing. Even Hashim looked utterly surprised by it.

"You're looking for me?" he asked, confused. "Why? Aren't you with—"

I leaned over to kiss his cheek. He stopped talking and turned red all over. My smile widened before I whispered to his ear, "Stop talking and just follow my lead. Drag Triton out."

I pulled away and beamed. Tinapunan ko ng tingin si Mommy at si Hashim na gulat na gulat na nasa tabi niya. And then I turned to Architect Cordova who seemed interested on what would unveil in front of him.

"Nemesis and Nathaniel is waiting for us. They're also looking for you two," I said and gave Triton a short glance. "Let's go."

Nagtataka pa rin si Channing sa inaakto ko, pero sinabayan pa rin niya ako. He patted my arm and nodded before he smiled at my mother and to the guy beside her.

"It was nice talking to you, Mr. Grande, Ms. Rafaela," Channing said and turned to Hashim. "Mr. Malabar." He bowed his head lightly. I tugged his arm slightly to stop him.

I merely gave my mother a glance as I walked past them. I could still feel her assessing look behind me, smirking like an evil queen she was.

"What was that?" Triton asked as he followed us from behind. We were nearing the end of the hall when he spoke. "Iiwan na lang ba natin doon basta si Architect Cordova?"