Twenty One

Chapter 21

AFTER THE STORM, which made a heavy landfall three days ago, we went back to the office to continue working. Although we did not stop working at home, there was a huge difference in working inside the office.

Domino and Aniel's team went back to the site to check everything. We could only hope that the storm did not leave big damages. It was a pain in the ass to go back and start from scratch.

I was having lunch with Nemmie at Coeurs et Fleur's when Daniela approached us with a happy smile. I haven't seen her after the day that we helped her for her portfolio. Nemmie told me that she'd been busy with some company clients, and her side job, which was photography, became demanding of her time.

"Guess what?" She was beaming at us when she walked toward our table.

"Hey, Dannie! Long time, no see," I greeted. Sa sobrang tuwa yata niya ay nakalimutan na niya g batiin kami.

Daniela did not let my greetings popped her happy bubble. "I was invited to show my pieces on Xavier Avedon's exhibition this November!"

My eyes widened at the same time Nemmie gasped loudly. "Oh, my gosh, Daniela!" Nemmie stood up and hugged her. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you!" Daniela beamed and then looked at me. "This is all because of you, Free. Thank you."

I laughed. Tumayo na rin ako para yakapin siya. "What are you saying? I did not do anything but post for the camera. For you."

"I know. But you make my craft so perfect! As in!" Then she looked at Nemmie. "Magaling din magturo si Domino. He's a effortless photographer. His shots are perfect. I studied all the angles and everything technical in his photos. I'm sure kung magtatayo siya ng sariling brand, mabilis na makikilala ang pangalan niya."

My smile faded and glanced at Nemmie. I knew she did not know about it, and my heart ached for it. I was the only person who know Domino's struggles in the past. And maybe even now, he's still struggling.

I pulled Daniela toward the counter. "We need to celebrate," I told her nang bigyan niya ako ng nagtatakang tingin. "Order whatever you want. It's on me." I winked at her.

"Puwede pati take out?" She asked and I laughed.

***

After our lunch with Daniela, Nemmie and I went back to ASDG. Hindi sumama si Daniela dahil may kikitain daw itong client. Nemmie wanted to come with her, but since she was the boss, mas kailangan siya sa opisina kaysa mag-market ng condominium units kasama ang mga tauhan niya.

Daniela invited us as her guest for the exhibition. I immediately said yes. I've been dying to attend art exhibits for so long now. Hindi ko na nga matandaan ang huli kong bisita sa museum dahil sa dami ng ginagawa sa opisina.

The construction team went home the afternoon. Nasa opisina pa ako nang dumating sila, kaya naabutan pa ako ni Domino.

"Lagi ka nang nandito," I told him after he kissed my cheek. Natigilan pa ako na g ilang segundo dahil sa gulat. I guess I needed to adjust myself with how clingy he was even in public. "Bumisita ka na ba sa office niyo?"

"Galing ako roon," he replied and get my bag from my shoulder. "Our boss wanted us to be frequent here. This is our main office while the project was still on-going."

"Right." I nodded. "Nakausap ko pala si Daniela kanina. She told me she got a spot for the Xavier Avedon's exhibition."

He smiled. "That's good news."

"We're invited to go. Sa November pa naman 'yon. Gusto mong pumunta?" I asked him.

We were heading to the elevator. He pressed the button and we both stood there while waiting for the door to open.