Chapter 82

I came across Thomas as I was heading to the dressing room.

"Thomas, have you seen Jaime?" I asked.

"Yeah. Just left him on the bus. He said he was dizzy and not feeling great so I helped him out to the bus and got him into bed. Pretty sure he was asleep before I got off the bus. I was just coming to find you to let you know," Thomas said.

I thanked him, changed and showered quickly and then, forgoing some of the meet and greets we had set up after the show I headed out to the bus to check on Jaime.

True enough he was fast asleep in his bunk. I looked at him to make sure he seemed otherwise okay. He was breathing fine, though his cheeks looked a little flushed. I felt his forehead and he frowned. He felt a little warm to me. I hoped he wasn't coming down with something. I texted Patrick and let him know I was staying out on the bus. That Jaime felt a bit warm and I wanted to make sure he wasn't getting a fever.

I went to the front of the bus and called Meagan.

"Hey babe! How was the first show?" She asked.

"It was good. Jaime watched a bit from the side of the stage and let me introduce him to the fans. He seemed to enjoy it."

"Can I talk to him?" She asked.

"He's asleep. He told Thomas he wasn't feeling well and came back to the bus with him," I said.

"Well, he had chemo this morning. I bet he's tired. Poor guy. Probably over did it a little."

"Maybe. But he feels a little warm. I'm going to keep an eye on him tonight and if need be, I'll take him to a doctor in Houston tomorrow. I've texted Dr. Jansen to let him know, too. I expect he'll text or call first thing in the morning."

"Good idea," Meagan said. "Did he have fun beforehand?"

"I think so. He seemed to," I said. "He was smiling and he read a note thrown on the stage by a fan. It was on a stuffed bear. A lot of people threw stuffed toys and notes for him."

"That's sweet. What are you going to do with them all?"

"I'll let Jaime decide. We can't keep them all but maybe he'll want a couple and we can donate the rest to a children's charity."

"That sounds like a good idea," Meagan said.

"How are the kids?"

"They're good. The boys had baseball after school today so Marvel and I went and watched one then the other. They asked me to say hi to you two when you called. If he's feeling up to it, have Jaime call tomorrow, okay?"

"I will. I'm going to go get ready for bed and wait for the guys so we can get going," I said.

"Say hi to them all for us," Meagan said.

"Will do," I smiled and ended the call.

I went back to check on Jaime. He had rolled over and was facing away from me. I watched him for a minute and he seemed fine. I finished getting ready for bed and sat up front waiting Patrick and everyone to get back to the bus.

I must have dozed off because it was Patrick flopping into the couch beside me that startled me awake.

"Party pooper," Patrick said.

"Sue me," I grumbled. "I was up at 3 am."

"So was I," Joe kicked my leg softly.

"Yeah, then I spent a couple of hours at the hospital. You napped," I said.

"I did not," Joe said. I raised my head and looked at him. 

"Dude," I said. 

"Fine. Yeah. I napped," Joe smirked