Ch/6

Hinata didn't bother texting Naruto back. Sometimes it killed her to know how he was such a drama queen. She can't even fall asleep without him assuming that she's 'leaving him in the cold'. What was up with that?

If they wanted this relationship to actually work, in the long run, then they're both gonna have to establish some trust between them.

She was lucky to have a Drs. Note for why she would be missing school again, now thinking in the back of her mind: online schooling might not be the worst thing after all.

When she got home that Monday evening, she found out that she was failed by 2 of her professors on the assignments she missed.

Of course, she felt like it was bullshit since just literally 2 days ago, they gave her a week to make them up. So Hina just said to hell with it. She dropped those classes herself. Her heart wasn't in metaphysics and political science anyways. She only picked it up for her father.

So now she only has humanities and fine arts.

She prayed and hope that those professors didn't contact her brother.

He's already graduated from there and in most of those professor's eyes he's the epitome of a hard-working person.

Striving through most of the toughest exams and giving public speeches about why you should always preserve this and how long nights of studying without partying and taking unnecessary breaks could get you to the top quicker than your original plan, that.

Neji definitely got into spaces that most people couldn't afford or weren't born into, with his bachelor's degrees and his impressive resume.

Also, her father has spent the last 20 years climbing his way up to the corporate ladder.

So how great would it look for the Hyugas to make a name for themselves, with her father's experience in the corporate world and her brother's polished history it wouldn't be so great for her to mess up their public persona.

If anything, they would probably be guilty by association, so sadly she had to tread lightly.
-
Subject: Another Assignment

I understand that you had a very unfortunate situation happen to you but work is work. If you feel that you cannot finish what I give you. Then you should drop this class.

Assignment: Write a summary in 5,000 words using your own theory of a quote used by a historical figure. What does the quote mean to you? What is the person truly trying to say? How does this quote relate to you?

Deadline: Next Monday at midnight.

Mr. Hatake
-
Hinata sighed reading the short email. Damn, college life was starting to catch up with her. After sitting with her thoughts for a minute she stood out of the bed and grabbed her laptop to work on her assignments.

With some background music playing on YouTube, her reading glasses on, and a bottle of water. She could go ahead and work on her school things with no interruption.
xxx
It was hard for Naruto to do his basketball practice diligently. All he could think about was Hinata. Why was she ignoring him?
He doesn't know. Why hasn't she responded to any of his messages, including the ones on Instagram? He couldn't think of a reason.

Coach Jiraiya decided to bench him until he decided to get his shit together.

Now, watching his other teammates practice and work so hard at perfecting their skills. He realized something.

She was the reason for him not focusing.

His thoughts were too much absorbed in her. It was making him forget the other important things in his life, like basketball, his job, his friends, having fun...