Ch/22

That same night Naruto & Sasuke cleaned up their messes & snuggled in bed in their usual position. Naruto had both hands behind his head and Sasuke had both arms wrapped around his mid-back.

"We have to talk about it." Sasuke broke the still silence between them and Naruto continued staring up at the ceiling which made Sasuke look up at him. "Naruto..."

He knew how serious this was because he never gets called by his 1st name but what could he say? How could he respond??

"You could've died." Sasuke's tears strolled down his face, the thought of Naruto not being in his life permanently frightened him.

"I know..." He understood why it hurt him so badly but in all honesty, he felt that was all he could turn to since he didn't have Hina.

"Why do you make it sound so casual?" His voice broke and his breath grew shaky before he sniffled. "Heroin? Naruto, you're better than that." The blond began silently crying as well because that wasn't true...

If it was, then why'd he jeopardize his relationship with Hinata? Why couldn't he allow himself to have something good?

"Sasuke, I promise I'll never do that shit again. I swear." That small answer and sweeping it under the rug wasn't gonna work this time. "That's not enough for me."

He sighed heavily at that. "What do you want me to say, Sasuke?" The raven sat up and looked at him. "Naruto..."

The blond did the same by also sitting up & looking deeply into his eyes. "You want the truth?" Sasuke's breathing slowed down and his chest mimicked that action as he patiently waited for his answer.

"I'm still in love with Hinata, I wanna get back with her, and I still love her." Sasuke's heart instantly dropped, his lips pouted, and the tears poured down his cheeks.

Naruto stood from the bed and pursed his mouth with both hands on his hips before pinching his nose and shaking his head from side to side. "Look, I'm sorry Sasuke. I really am but my heart will always belong to her." He stretched his arms out and blinked a couple of times before continuing. "I'm always gonna love her, that's just how it is."

Sasuke couldn't even look at him, he was too busy crying with his head buried in his hands as his shoulders bobbed up & down.

But soon he stood and faced him. "Just answer me this." Naruto waited and listened for his question. "If she would've never left, would you have dealt with me at all?" Naruto answered him honestly. "No, but let's not forget I was hurting during that time too."

He took a deep breath. "So you used me? I'm just some toy for you to play with until you think you can get back with her?"

Naruto grunted into his hands before answering him. "Sasuke how many times do I have to explain to you that you're my fucking best friend? You're like a brother to me!" This time it wasn't any yelling or aggression it was just seriousness and honesty. "I don't wanna be your best friend!"

He raised his voice a bit. "I wanna be your boyfriend!" He whined out like a child and Naruto placed both hands on his head before shrieking out to him. "But you're not!"

Sasuke sadly sighed and his lips parted slightly as he stared at him. "Sasuke, we were never gonna be boyfriends, we do better as best friends... that occasionally fuck." The raven swallowed the small lump in his throat and asked another question.

"So if she wasn't here, we'd have a chance to be together? No hiding or no secrets?" Naruto gave him another honest answer. "Maybe." It wasn't a straight-out yes but it also wasn't a big no either, which meant they still had a chance to live out his dream.
-
"Sasuke-" Ino stopped her tracks in the doorway of his room when she saw him and his best friend in their boxers. Her light blue eyes observed the tangled sheets of his bed and then back to those 2 and she instantly threw out an insult at them. "So where's the whore you both just ran a train on?" Naruto ran a hand down his face and put on 1 of his sweats & shirts that hung in the closet. "I'm the 1 who just fucked him."