Chapter 6

Still that same night part 3 at around 10pm

Carolynn-

"Hey, babe," I'm startled hearing Spencer bringing out of my stunned trance, I didn't even notice him there "we're going with your dad to see your mom at work since she couldn't make it."

"o..ok" I say meekly as I grab my purse. It was all I could get out. I can't believe that just happened, Donny kissed me on the cheek. Maybe he did I in a weird friendly way? I don't know, but just like when I rushed into the ladies room to change upon seeing him, I don't know why I'm making a big deal about this.

"Are you okay?" Spencer asked, "I noticed you talking to that guitarist at the bar, I'm sure you gave him a piece of your mind about being late."

"Yeah, yeah, that's it." I reply. I'm lucky Spencer was more worried about that than my stunned expression but he probably didn't notice the cheek kiss. He obviously doesn't remember meeting Donny as he doesn't have the best short-term memory and why would he. He doesn't realize that Donny is the guitarist and he's the one who 'ruined his car' but for him, meeting Donny must've been a passing thing as they only briefly met when Spencer was picking up the car. I'll say one thing, though, it sure sobered me up.

"C'mon, let's go." I follow Spencer and Dad to his limo, "I'm coming back for the car after."

We get in and start moving.

"So Chad tells me the guitarist is this Donny I've heard about." Oh no, now Spencer's going to be mad.

"That was Donny!?" Spencer says sounding exacerbated as I expected him to. "He's the one that wrecked my car!"

"Calm down, Spencer," Dad says calmly, "you just got a big promotion and had a great night you don't really have to worry about money. Besides, Donny manned up and paid for it."

"You're right, sir." Spencer quickly changed his tone and calmed down. If it was anyone but Dad, Spencer would continue voicing his grudge against Donny, but as I said earlier, Spencer is intimidated by him even after working for him all these years. I think it's kind of cute, actually. Spencer always has this strong, commanding aura to him but when he's with Dad he's like a timid puppy. I can see why; Dad may be a big ol' sweetheart outside of work but at the office, Dad can be a bullheaded dictator and Spencer feels even more pressure because he's with me.

"Now, sweetie, " Dad continues, "I'd like to meet him and maybe offer him a job of some sort. Chad told me he was in law school with him and Janine and was very good but that tragic accident forced him to miss school and as a result he lost his scholarship. We can always use some paralegals."

"I think he'll be at the grand opening of the store, Dad," I reply, "I'll make sure he agrees to speak with you. He can be a little stubborn."

We spend the rest of the short trip making idle chitchat and before I know it we're in front of the medical facility where Mom works with special needs patients. She usually doesn't work this shift but a coworker called in at the last minute and told us she's really sorry she couldn't make it. Not that she needed much convincing not to come.

Remember earlier how I said my parents love Spencer? Well that's kind of half true. Dad sure does, but Mom is a different story. Although she never comes out and says it, I don't think she likes Spencer very much.

I think she did in the beginning but the more he pushed off setting a wedding date the more she questions his commitment to me. Not to mention she's always mentioning 'cute guys' she's met at work or around town and tries to be subtle with it but she's not very good at that.

Now that I'm thinking this, I'm almost positive if or when she ever meets Donny she'll try to do same thing with him. But earlier this evening Spencer and I actually started making plans for a date so if I tell this to Mom maybe she'll back off.