Chapter 15

A couple days later; the following Thursday morning

Linnie-

"I still can't get over it," I say to Donny, as we take a nice stroll in the Spring sun, hand-in-hand, through the town, "I still can't believe that our dad's have had history long before we ever met. It's another way that we're intertwined; that we were 'Destined to Collide' with each other that day." I said

"You're not kidding, gorgeous," Donny says; Iovd that he calls me that, "I think I'm finally starting to believe in your destiny stuff. Remember, we can't tell anyone about it. Not Kenny, not Chad/Janine; no one."

"I know, Sexy Boy," I say, "I was there when those agent people told us that." He makes a shushing noise.

"Not out here!" Donny scolds, "We don't know if anyone's spying on us even as we speak." He then whisper's in my ear and says, "you can't say the word agent so frivolously."

I love the feel of his lips brushing up against my ear. I respond by cupping his lovable cheeks and kissing him hard and deep.

"Aye, aye, captain..." I say in a raspy, seductive voice.

"Hey, that's not fair!" he says facetiously, "We were talking about something serious and you chose now to turn on the sexy?"

"You're the one that turned it on first, Sexy-Bear." I continue in my sexy voice, "you know your neurosis turns me on."

45 minutes later

"Wow, gorgeous," he says while we're both panting after a round of love-making, "I hope I never get used to that. Where'd you learn all that; it can't be from Spencer."

"Are you silly?" I say, "That was all you, as always, I've just learned to...participate." We laugh and we kiss again and just lay in bed for awhile. It's rare these days that we're both home with nothing else going on. We go back to making out until we go for another round.

We've decided to spend the day together especially after hearing the news about our dads. There's CIA and FBI agents undercover everywhere, we were told, and we only know the one, Mitch, that's posing as Chester's caretaker. Carl is currently under highly secure protective custody in administrative segregation in prison while he awaits his trial. My mother is moving back to Oregon in a few months. She knows not to ask me to go with her as my home is here with my future hubby.

What? What did I just think? Hubby? What am I thinking? Don't get me wrong now that I'm thinking this, I'd want to marry the hell out of him but it has to be the right time. We just got together not long ago and we haven't really talked about the future. To be honest, I think we've both been avoiding talking about it because we're because we don't want to spoil what we have now. However, I'm not naive; this honeymoon period is going to end soon and then we really need to decide where this is going; like when and if we do get married and start a family.

I spent years wasting with Spencer and he never wanted to talk about having kids. I know now that he never really cared about me to begin with but I was genuinely in love with him for most of the time. But I realize, I never really was; with Spencer or anyone. Until now. Spencer and I didn't really have a honeymoon period; we just went on dates and I liked him and that grew into something I thought was love. There was never a point where I couldn't keep my hands off of Spencer like there is with this guy.

I do happen to know that Kenny's been pushing Donny to propose to me and I'm on the fence on whether I want him too or not; specifically right now. Y'know he's right here I can just ask him about it now.

"Do you want to marry me, Sexy-Boy?" I ask casually

Donny-

What did she just ask me? Where did this come from?

"This is a little from left-field, isn't it, Gorgeous?" I say

"But is it though?" she says, "I know we've only begin together a relatively short time but at some point I think we should have a conversation about it."

"Uh...why?" I ask, hesitantly because I don't know what brought this on and I don't know where this is going. To be honest, I haven't really given it much thought. I mean I do love her more than anything in my life and I do want to spend the rest it with her but do we really need to rush this? I mean both Kenny and Gina AND Chad and Janine were together for years before they ever got engaged. Kenny and Gina only just got engaged and they want to get married in June so it's not really a long engagement. With the other two, Chad and Janine were not only together for along time they were engaged for a long time but now that I think about it every couple does things differently. What am I thinking? Linnie was with Spencer for 4 years and engaged for two of them.

"Look, I know I caught you off-guard with this," Linnie says, "it's just with Kenny and Gina getting married and Chad and Janine having a kid, got me thinking about US."

"We can't compare ourselves to other couples, Lin," I say, "I know Kenny's been pushing me to propose but we have to do things on our own terms."

"I'm not saying we have to have this conversation tomorrow or even three months from now but I think we should start thinking about these things." She explains, "I wasted four years loving a man that never loved me back and now, thanks to you, I know what true love is, I don't want to waste single second. I mean you DO want to get married eventually."

"I don't know," I shrug, "I do know I definitely want to spend the rest of my life with you. But marriage?" She suddenly gives out a disappointed sigh.

"Y'know, I'm sorry," she says, "it's my fault, I shouldn't have brought it up now." She changed moods rather quick. She's getting up and getting dressed.

"What's the problem?" I plea

"Nothing's the problem," she says passive aggressively, "you just don't want to marry me."

"I never said that, it's a heavy topic, alright?" I say, "You can't just spring this on me out of the blue and expect me to have the answers you want."

"You're right, like I said, it's my fault." she turns to leave

"Where are you going?" I ask

"Ashley just texted me to come over," she says, "I don't know what about." She pauses for a minute and turns around to face me, "Look, I'm sorry I sprung this on you, it wasn't fair of me," she says, "but please give it some serious thought?" She comes up to me and kisses me long and deep again. I realize we never do simple kisses on the cheek or on the lips; it's always a hard snog (as they say across the pond) every time and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

"You're the best thing to ever happen to me, Donny," she says once we part, "I love you so much, it consumes me. Nothing will ever change that." And with that she leaves; and leaves me with a lot to think about. I should get advice from Kenny and Chad.

End of chapter please comment and vote below