The Collision Expands - Chapter 42 - Linnie featuring Carl

Some time later; Ryker's Island;

Carl- Yes, I'm still here. I know I haven't been heard from for quite some time but since I'm likely to be put away for awhile I figure I should be heard from one last time. There's not much of an update (He last made an appearance in Cogs of Deception) The agents got a little scared of what I discovered so they had me transferred back to Ryker's.

My trial will begin very soon but I have a stronger legal team with me. Along with Madeline, both Chad and Spencer also joined. I haven't told either one of them about the rogue spies. In fact, as far as I know, no one outside of myself, Madeline, Russel, my daughter Carolynn and Russel's son, Donald.

As far as Russel is concerned, I have no idea where he is. I just know he has the dossier and is one the run with a couple of double agents.

But as for me, Spencer has arranged for me to meet with my daughter, Carolynn, for possibly the last time. I also will be speaking with Donald. I realize it's time for me to get the measure of the man that's won my daughter's heart. I know how this sounds, I've changed my tune with regard to the young man. Afterall, I'm in this predicament because I was so hellbent on keeping him from Carolynn. It took me experiencing a real near death situation back in D.C. at the (rogue feds') compound and my assistant, Doug, being murdered in cold blood, to realize how short and precious life is.

I'm currently sitting at a table in a private room, waiting for Spencer to bring them in.

Linny- And the hits keep on coming. Spencer has arranged for me and Donny to meet with my dad so we can get closure before the trial starts.

But this is actually the tamest thing that's been going on with us. For starters, I'm pregnant (which I'm happy about) and starting to feel all the symptoms of same. Especially the mood swings. I would star fights with Donny for no reason but he was still as sweet and understanding as he always was. But I know if I keep this up, it's only a matter of time when he gets fed up.

Secondly, to everyone's shock and confusion, Derrick and Candace broke up. Now, Candace is  back to dating Chris and Derrick is in North Carolina; Ashley went with him. We have no idea why they did and said that Naldo has to stay with us and because we had to have this meeting, Naldo is with Kenny and Gina.

But the most concerning piece of news is what Kenny told us not to long ago. Carlo, Candace's husband (they never officially got divorced) is coming to America and Kenny told us that his and Candace's mother is also coming. Apparently, Kenny has an uncle on Staten Island that's going to be hosting them. Carlo called Candace himself and threatened that he's coming for both her and my Donny.

Though I'm ashamed to admit this, and it may be the pregnancy hormones but I can't help these feelings of jealousy and security. I know it's selfish but I'm a little worried that Carlo's impending arrival will bring Donny and Candace back into each other's arms. I know that sounds terrible. I haven't voiced these concerns to Donny but I should. Right now, though, I have to push those feelings aside because now, I have to focus on this meeting with my dad.

Donny and I enter the room while Spencer and several security guards wait outside the door.

"Hello, Carolynn," he says, I almost miss his gruff voice and demeanor, "and hello, Donald." Okay, he's starting civilly, specifically with Donny, so that's good. I also notice that Carl is not shackled or cuffed at all. "I'm really happy that Spencer arranged this meeting. He would've made one hell of a son-in-law." And there it is! I knew it was too good to be true. I'm about to protest his statement but he says, "but as you say, Carolynn, it wasn't meant to be." I can't even process this sentence before I see something I've never seen from Carl; he gets teary eyed. "I'm so sorry, Donald!" Carl gets up and hugs the love of my life, tightly. I'm stunned and judging from the look on Donny's face, so is he. Instinctively, this causes me to get emotional. "I've been a horrible father and a horrible boss!" Carl cries out. I gently place a hand on Carl's shoulder and he parts from Donny and embraces me.

We take a few minutes to compose ourselves and sit down at the table.

"Enough of the sappy stuff," Carl says after we sit down, "before I go away for the rest of my life so there's a few things the two of you should know." 

"Like where Russ is?" Donny asks. I look at him and I notice the concern on his face when inquiring about his father.

"At this very moment, I don't know, but I'll tell you this..." Carl answers and he proceeds to tell us everything that's been going on with Russ and his mission over the last few years. The Irish mobsters, the Columbian cartel, the Islamic terrorist group and Russ's relationship with Agent Gail.

"I'm happy to hear my dad found someone else," Donny says, "he deserves happiness, I know my mom would be happy for him." I can't help but smile at him as I see him shedding a small tear and I grab his hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. He's so adorable when he talks about his mother. However, it looks like my father doesn't share this sentiment. 

"Well, unfortunately for him and the rest of us," Carl says, slowly, "Agent Gail nor any of these agents that swore to protect you guys all those months ago are who they say they are."

"What do you mean?" I ask, now I'm worried. Carl tells us the truth about the agents and the dossier and what it contains. He also tells us about the double spy couple that helped him in Columbia and are now on the run with him.

"Wait!" Donny exclaims, "That includes Agent Neil doesn't it?!" Carl nods, "Oh, he's not just part of it, he's in charge of it." Oh no! Chester! "We have to go home now! My brother's in danger!"

End of Chapter. Please comment and vote