The Collision Expands - Chapter 34 - Chad/Janine featuring Krystal

At the same time across town; Chad and Janine's residence; early afternoon; trigger warning; there will be talk about infidelity and statutory rape at the end; I will have further comments at the end for Wattpad

Chad- "Okay, Janine," I say to her, "I'll tell you what's been going on in my head and my life during these past few weeks while you've been on bed rest. I wanted to wait until after the baby's here but it's not fair to you or the safety of our child. And after meeting Donny's newly discovered older sister, Carmen and her family last week and seeing what a beautiful family they are, I realize I have to do something before I lose you."

Yes, after weeks of being standoffish with my wife, I'm finally breaking my silence. Janine is obviously speechless and begins to tear up a little as she lays on the bed.

We're in the special on-site hospital type room that I had built when we moved into this new house and I came all the way from Manhattan to check up on her. Our nurse, Krystal, is also present.

"I'll step out, Mr. Chad, so you can speak with your wife in private." Krystal offers.

"No, that's okay, you can stay if you want," I say. "in fact, it might be a good a idea for you to stick around in case Janine gets upset."

"No, it's okay," Krystal says, "I'll be right outside if you need me." She gets up and I watch her leave the room and she continues her non stop texting that she's been doing since before I got here.

"Okay, before I continue," I say turning back to my wife looking like she's getting out of her initial state of shock, "is it just me or does Krystal seem different?"

"Phew, so it's not just me!" Janine exclaims, "I've noticed her being more and more distracted on her phone over the past week or so."

"I'll speak with Craig," I say, "I've been away from the office and he can't spend all day texting his girlfriend."

"You've been away from the office?" Janine asks. Damn, that slipped out.

"Yes," I answer sounding guilty, "this is part of what I need to speak with you about. And I want you to hear about it from me before you hear it from anyone else." And just as I say this, I realize how it sounds.

"What have you been up to, Chad?" Janine says sounding a little suspicious and then she starts to chuckle a little, "I know you're not having an affair because you couldn't get anyone to have one with even if you wanted to." Then she lets out an arrogant snort.

Okay, now I remember what's been bothering me about her in the first place.

I don't say anything and just give her an angry glare. I didn't want to do what I'm about to do but I need to illustrate a point. All I do is remove my wedding band walk over to Janine's night stand and set it down and then walk out of the room, I don't even look to see her reaction.

Janine- I can't believe he just walked out like that. Doesn't he realize I'm joking? It doesn't matter does it? I think I just cost myself my marriage over a stupid joke.

"Chad! Come back I'm sorry!" I yell back at him after he leaves the room and then I here him slam the front door. I suddenly start to cry. And sob. I've been wanting him to talk to me all this time and I blow it by making a stupid joke. "Krystal! Krystal go after Chad!"

I call out to her afew more times. Maybe she's trying to catch him already before he leaves. I have no idea what's going on outside of this room. To make things worse, Rayshawn is going at it in the nursery with some sort of power tool so my voice is drowned out. I reach for my walker and go to the foyer and I watch Rayshawn as he works for a second.