The Collision Expands - Chapter 41 - Gina featuring Candace

The same day; the sight of Kenny and Gina's wedding; their old high school

Gina- "I can't believe this is actually happening," I tell the love of my life, "we've waited so long for this!" I say as we take in all decorations for the upcoming wedding festivities.

"Yeah, we've our up and downs," Kenny says, "but we ain't goin' no where."

"You mean, we're not moving away?" I ask

"Movin' away? No way!" Kenny exclaims, "I know I said I wanted to get away from all the drama but it's been goin' on so long, I kinda like it. 'Sides, as far as I know, we're still goin' to Europe after this."

"I know both have our bachelor/bachelorette parties tonight to get ready for," I say, "I just wanted to spend some time with you before we're not allowed to see each other for awhile."

"Yeah, it's nice," Kenny says, "I don't know what Don and the guys have planned but I just want a quiet night chillin' with the boys with some beers. What about you?"

"Linny and Janine have something BIG planned," I say, "I have know idea, but don't worry, Ken, I told them 'no strippers!'"

"I ain't worried, babe," Kenny responds, "but if you do end up kissin' somebody else, make sure it's one a the other gals. And make sure it's taped!" Kenny laughs at his own joke. I just smile and kiss him.

Just now, I get a call. I look it over after leaving Kenny's embrace. It's Candace, why's she calling me and not her own brother?

"Who's that?" Kenny asks

"It's your sister." I say, clearly sounding confused

"Hello?" I say, answering my phone

"Gina!" Candace's whispering in panic, "Gina! Gina, is my brother with you?!" I look at Kenny

"Yes, he is?" I answer

"Shit!" she says

"Why are you whispering?" I ask

"Never mind that, Gina," Candace says, "make up some reason to go somewhere alone!" This didn't feel right. After all, we've been through, I don't want to keep any secrets from Kenny.

"Um, babe?" I say to Kenny who's been right with me this whole time. "I have to speak with your sister in private." He looks slightly annoyed but lets me go into the girls locker room. "Okay, I'm clear," I say to my soon-to-be sister-in-law, "what's the problem?"

"We have a BIG problem and I want Jenny to postpone the wedding because I know he will after you hear what's going on." Candace pauses while she catches her breath. "We don't have to go to Europe after all."

"Huh?" I ask, confused. I forgot all about that.

"Remember how we were gonna go there after your wedding to confront Carlo?" Candace asks me

"Yeah, now I remember," I say, "it's just been awhile since we've talked about it and I've been really busy at work and distracted with wedding stuff. So, what's up? Why don't we have to go to 
Europe? Don't you want a proper divorce from him before you can fully commit yourself to Derrick?" There's a pause on the other line

"We broke up, Gina," Candace says with a tinge of sadness, "I don't really want to talk about that right now. Especially with what I'm about to tell you."

I kind of zoned out the moment she said she and Derrick broke up. I thought they were perfect together.

"I want to hear more about this break up," I say, "what happened?"

"Gina, please," Candace pleads, "not now. What I have to tell you is-" suddenly there's noise in the background and someone's talking to her. "Hold on, Chris, I'm trying to warn my brother's fiancé about who's coming." she tells the person. Chris!? I she back together with Chris? And where's Derrick now? And more importantly, who's coming? But before I can ask this, tthe call drops. I try to call back when Kenny appears out of nowhere, startling me,

"Babe!" I gasp, "How long have you been standing there?!"

"Long enough to know two things," he says, "a) my sis' is back to being he same old drama queen she's always been and b) I also know who's coming. I don't know how and why this should be a hidden secret from me."

"Well, don't keep me waiting," I say to Kenny, "spit it out already."

"We're not changing the wedding," Kenny says, "I don't care what they do. We'll hire security or somethin'."

"For heaven's sake, Kenny," I say raising my voice, "just tell me who it is already!"

"It's my mother," Kenny explains, "she's coming whether we want her to or not."

"You're right," I say, annoyed, "she's not getting anywhere near our wedding."

"I don't think it's our wedding we need to worry about because that's not all," Kenny warns, "she's not coming alone and that could spell trouble for sis' and Don." As soon as he says those words, I know exactly who Kenny's talking about.

"You mean...?!" I exclaim

"Yeah," Kenny says, "I don't know how this guy's able to get in this country." Yup, now I definitely know who it is and it scares me to death. "I just got a call from my cousin Gino in Staten Island," Kenny continues, "He told me that my mother, Angela, is coming to the States and is going to be staying at my Uncle Enzo's house."

"Kenny, please," I say putting my hand up, signaling for him to stop, "I already figured out who's coming with your mom and we have to do something about all this right away." Carlo, Candace's husband, is coming and he's out for blood against both Candace and Donny....

Elsewhere...

Candace- I get off the phone and turned to Chris and say, "I don't know why you made me hang up on them, babe." The word makes me feel sick. I'll explain in a minute.

"I'm sorry, I just think it's unnecessary to trouble them, right now." He  comes over and kisses me and, again, internally, I want to barf. Y'see, Carlo coming to the states isn't my only problem.

For those curious; Derrick and I didn't really break up. We're actually more in love than ever. It started after we came back from the city when we were at that engagement party for Donny's friends. BTW, Derrick finally told me his secret as to why he was crying at the hospital when Chad and Janine were having their baby, which I will not reveal here.

Anyways, after we returned from Jersey. Chris approached me again and started guilt tripping me about leaving him for Derrick. I really did feel guilty because I never tried to apologize for it. But then, he started trying to plant seeds of dissention in mine and Derrick's relationship.

At first, I brushed it off as him being jealous and hurt. But then, a couple things happened. First, Carmen, Donny's sister (I know crazy, right?), warned me and Derrick about him; that there's something up with him and then her concerns were confirmed when Chris started making racist remarks to and about Derrick. I also caught a glimpse of a certain... tattoo... on his lower abdomen which I never noticed during the time we were dating (which I now realize is the reason we never had sex; it's a Swastika) I have a gut feeling that Chris has something to do with Carlo's impending return to the States.

So, for the safety of me and Naldo, Derrick came up with the idea that we pretend to break up and that I pretend to get back together with Chris so we can keep tabs on him. Meanwhile, Derrick, and his mom, Ashley, will return to North Carolina until everything dies down. I begged him not to go anywhere. I love that he's sacrificing for our safety, but we, me and Naldo, need him here with me. I very reluctantly agreed but Derrick told me if things get real bad, he'll come right back. Naldo's been with Donny this whole time. Donny nor anyone else knows what's going on because we need everyone else think that we broke up to keep our story straight. Everyone is disappointed about the 'break up' and I don't blame them. Derrick truly is the love of my life and I know we'll see each other again, soon. I already miss him so bad.

End of chapter. Please comment and vote.