The Collision Expands - Chapter 37 - Various

The following scene takes place after Janine's water broke;

Early evening;

Chad- "I can't deliver the baby here! We have to get her to the hospital!" The doctor yells at me. "Call a damn ambulance."

"Already did, doc." Rayshawn chimes in.

"Thanks, man!" I exclaim to him. The moment my wife's water broke, all the other shit doesn't matter.

"It's here already, Chad," Donny says, "you want us to follow the ambulance?"

"I don't care, whatever," I say, "Janine and our baby is all that matters right now!"

Donny- "Gorgeous!" I shout to Linnie even though she's right next to me. She covers her ears.

"Jeez, my guy," she says, "I'm right here! You want to follow the ambulance then let's go." And we rush out to the car.

"I should call Kenny," I say, "I think he and Gina would like to come."

"Yeah, yeah." she says. She's surprisingly calm with all this, I'm the one freaking out. I mean, this is scary. The baby wasn't due for another couple weeks.

At Kenny and Gina's house;

Kenny- "Hey, babe," I say, "Don's callin' me." I haven't spoke to my boy since their engagement party.

"What's he want out of the blue?" Gina asks as if reading my mind. Don't mind her, she just got off the phone from tellin' off my mother. She actually took up for Candace and tore into my mother. She doesn't let that Latino heat come out often but when she does, watch out. She told my mother she's not welcome at our wedding. I backed her up. I mean, this woman abandons our family when we're 6 years old and apart from Candace having some communication with her over the years, she's got no right to just assume she'll be allowed to come. We both think she's up to something, anyway.

"Y'know, I'd like to speak with him, too, about something." Candace says. She's actually here at the house with Naldo and Derrick. I've gotten to know Derrick a little, seems like a good guy. I totally got the wrong impression of him after his public rant at the engagement party. Sis' seems really happy with him. This actually the happiest I've seen her be since comin' back to the states. My nephew, Naldo also likes him.

"What's up, Don?" I ask, "We haven't seen you in a minute."

"Never mind that now, Ken," Don sounds panicked and out of breath, "you guys have to get to the hospital right away."

Candace- "Oh, boy, that's serious." I hear my brother talking to Donny on the phone. He then turns to us and says "Janine's water broke, we gotta get to the hospital!" I've never seen my brother like this.

"Oh, shit!" Gina exclaims, "Let's go!"

"Janine? Like Linnie's Janine?" Derrick asks, "I know her, we should go, too."

"How do you know her?" I ask my wonderful boyfriend

"I know her through Linnie," he answers, "they're both from the same little town in Oregon. She's Linnie's best friend, y'know." I don't think I knew that but on the other hand, I only remember Janine as the girl Donny first dated in college and took his virginity. I unfairly resented her for that because I wanted that to be me. I owe her an apology for all that

"Guys," Gina claps in our faces, "you guys coming or not?!"

"We're coming, Gina!" I say

At the same time, in the hospital;